Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, i got a new seal i have had window out of the car, rear window... i try to put the seal in it will go around the frame of the metal ok, when i got to put the window in it seems to pull away from the metal and the seal seems to be to small to fit the window and the frame. i can put it around the window goes ok, or i can put it around the rear of the car body fits ok... but when i go to put the window in the car dang thing just wont fit it seems to fit alright until i get to top then it seems like its to small .. thanks for any response to this DWIGHT:mad:

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Dwight, you need to put the seal on the glass, place a piece of string or small rope in the channel where the seal fits over the pinch weld on the car, set the glass with seal into the opening and while someone holds just a little pressure on the glass from the outside, pull the rope/string. The inner lip of the gasket/seal will pull over the pinch weld and the glass will settle in. You may need to pat on the glass as it is pulled in to help it along. WARNING: be sure you have the clips on the pinch weld that hold the stainless trim around the glass on. I put extra 2 clips in the lower outside corners and two extra near the lower center. The trim tends to get a little straighter that it should be when it is removed. Usually from someone pulling up harder than they should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts