Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to rechrome front bumper on my 57. I live in Louisiana and "looking" for a close spot for rechroming. Read about Superior Chrome Plating in Houston, Texas---anyone "dealt" with these folks---if so, are they reputable, reasonable in price and timely in delivering the product? any help appreciated--Thanks in advance for any info---oltimer57:blowtiedb:

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Not only stay away, but run from Superior chrome, they are crooks. I had dealings with them about 2yrs ago. Not only did they lose my bumper, send me the wrong end, then they wouldn`t even return my phone calls. Give Tommy at "Bama Boys Bumpers". His number is 972-679-3520.
Terry

·
Registered
254 Posts
Like Terry said, Bama boys bumpers . They will be in
Moultrie Ga. in 2 weeks. Have you ever been to the
Moultrie swap meet? It`s worth the drive, not too
far from your state. Take I-10 east to Tallahassee Fl.
Go north about 60 miles. You can walk all day and
not see all of the auto related stuff. Call Tommy.

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Like Terry said, Bama boys bumpers . They will be in
Moultrie Ga. in 2 weeks. Have you ever been to the
Moultrie swap meet? It`s worth the drive, not too
far from your state. Take I-10 east to Tallahassee Fl.
Go north about 60 miles. You can walk all day and
not see all of the auto related stuff. Call Tommy.
And not only will Tommy treat you right, in the end you`ll have a new friend also, he loves to talk.
Terry

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A couple more in TX are Best Bumper in Dallas. I heard good reviews on this one.

And I just got my bumpers back from Al's PLating in Ft Worth. They came out superb! Rear bumper had to be straightened and holes filled. He did a great job and triple-plated them to show-quality. Total bill was a grand for F&R bumpers, all 4 bumper guards, and a grill guard.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Give Tommy at "Bama Boys Bumpers". His number is 972-679-3520.
Terry

Anyone know if these people are formerly Bumper Boyz?

I know a lot of people say to stay away from Bumper Bouz. BUT..... I always see a line of people standing at their tent when they come to the swap meets in Springfield, OH.

I do believe people have gotten wise to Bumper Boyz as their possible customers have fallen off in recent years. One fellow '57 Chevy owner told me they did a zhitty job on his bumper and didn't stand behind their work.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What is a good price for rechroming a bumper?
I spoke to Advance Plating in TN (which do great work) but they wanted $1500 just to do the front bumper! I thought I was going to pass out when he said that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've priced re-chroming also and decided to purchased new bumpers only because the places I priced them online all wanted more than what it would cost me for a new bumper, plus shipping.

What is a good price for rechroming a bumper?
I spoke to Advance Plating in TN (which do great work) but they wanted $1500 just to do the front bumper! I thought I was going to pass out when he said that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts