Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pictures are from an ebay auction. I think the seats and side panels look amazing! The auction says it's a Del Ray interior, but the Del Ray interiors I have seen look much different.

Anyway... when the time comes, I'd really like to get this interior. Any clue where it came from? (The seller is just a dealer, they don't know about the car history)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StarCityGene said:
The interior is from a 1956 Delray, a cleaner look than the 1955 Delray (IMO).
I agree, the 55 Delray is a little busy, I think it might be all of those squares. Anyway, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
956 Posts
That is not quite the same as original (bigger rectangles it looks like) The original stuff is naugahyde. That one looks like leather maybe.

This is the Del Ray interior in this picture (my old chev).

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
http://www.classicchevy.com/find.as...ame=Interior+Replacement+Parts+-+Seat&level=1

This interior & other interior items to match are available at Ecklers Classic Chevy site link above. When you get there just type in Delray & it will pull it up to view. The original interior in a 1956 Delray Club Coupe was all vinyl and the squares of material were larger in size and not narrow & elongated like those in pictures you posted. The photos look a lot like a Delray that sold at Barrett-Jackson either late 2007 or early in 2008 at their Arizona auction. But I don't think it's the same car but it could be. Link to one at Barrett Jackson not same one!!!!!! http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/search/carlist_Details.aspx?&In_LotNumber=779 Hope this helps.
KINGS X 56

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think that interior looks really good. When you git er done I wanna see it. I think your project is moving faster than mine, this summer I've been real busy, gone a lot and it's just plain hot!

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
I've never seen a delray :( I like that trim very much.
Look at KINGS X 56 that's my 1956 Chevrolet Delray Club Coupe or in photo gallery I have posted three shots of my car with the windows tinted out. Mine doesn't have the vinyl interior, mine has old school style diamond pattern in red with black. I've never seen a 1956 Delray that managed have it's original interior survive the wear & tear of use through the years. There are a few other Delray owners on this site also.
KINGS X 56

1 - 10 of 10 Posts