Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a brand or kind of rad flush they recommend for wifes daily driver? its a 2000 blazer , w/100k miles.
orig rad, and cools good, but changing all hoses and belts, t stat,
want to flush heater and engine too.
thanks

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Dish washer liquid soap works really good...its cheap and simple and what's important it doesn't bubble.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Dish washer liquid soap works really good...its cheap and simple and what's important it doesn't bubble.

Dish washer liquid? hmmmmm, never heard of using that. I took my 55 to local oil changing station and had her complete system flushed.....:anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
37,251 Posts
I usually buy the Prestone kit that has all the temporary fittings, etc., plus the chemical and good instructions. You connect your building's water supply to a heater hose fitting with a garden hose.

If that kit doesn't do it, you're going to need a tear down.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

good info,
I've seen the kits, w/fittings,
used to buy variety of kinds and brands, now with EPA
controlling everything, well you know. LOL

·
Registered
287 Posts
I work at a chevy dealership and the 1995-2005 blazers and s10's are known for heater cores to plug up. We normally do a back flush the heater core along with the flush to remove gunk from heater core. Dont be suprised at all the gunk that comes out and you may even have to do it a few times to get it all.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
We've always used one cup of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in a system that's filled with water , after draining all the antifreeze . After a fifteen minute drive , flush it out , rinse with water , drain and refill the system with antifreeze . Be safe...Bob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts