Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is not a Tri-Five, but hey, it's a classic none the less.

A 59 Impala 2 door Hard Top was recovered in So. Cal recently. It has no interior, but the body is complete with all the chrome, windows, entire front clip etc. The VIN plate has been popped off, and it is not on a frame so there is no real way to ID it. There are some unique characteristics to it though. If anyone hears about one being stolen, lemme know. Perhaps someone has a secret number on it somewhere I could look for, or a police report that has some of the unique specifics on it.

MJ

·
Administrator
49,951 Posts
That sounds like one of the reasons i read somewhere awhile back to place something in a hidden area so it could be easily proven to be your car if ever stolen.
Terry

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
What a shame that we live in a time where personal property is not respected.If you have something that someone else likes or thinks that they need,they have no problem just taking it.
I came home one day to find that a "neighbor" had gone into my carport when I was not home to "borrow" my floor jack..I was not happy..

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I am hoping for is just that. Someone has placed a drivers license number, last 4 of their SS number, something that I can identify this with. I can't find anything matching so far so I thought I would put it out here and see.

A good lesson I suppose, engrave some parts. Even if it is something that looks like scratches, but are unique enough you can identify where and what it would look like before you are allowed to look at the recovered piece.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
What a shame that we live in a time where personal property is not respected.If you have something that someone else likes or thinks that they need,they have no problem just taking it.
I came home one day to find that a "neighbor" had gone into my carport when I was not home to "borrow" my floor jack..I was not happy..
My fomer neighbor used to walk in my barn whenever he felt like it. Some times when I wasn't even home. Or even in the barn.

When the house was being buld, he helped himself to several trees, a utility sink, and sump pump. Well, these are the things he admitted to taking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts