Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a kid, I loved cars and often went to the stock car races with my family and friends. As I grew older and expended my interests, cars started to take a back seat to other things. Recently, a friend of mine, who I didn't know was a car enthusiast, showed me his '57 4-door sedan. An old feeling awakended in me when I saw the car, and many of my old memories came flooding back. I decided I wanted to find an old Chevy myself and did so with his help. I'm now the proud owner of a '57 4-door sedan myself (surf green and india ivory two-tone). It's been great climbing back under the hood of a car and actually being able to find the spark plugs! I'm a very amatuer auto body guy, but it's been fun to learn a new skill see it come out OK. I have the interior to do now and am looking forward to getting that done this summer. Question: What's the best manual to help a novice tune up a small block Chevy and diagnose possible problems? Thanks and I'm looking forward to good conversations on-line. Dave in Minnesota

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
You sound a lot like me ... very amatuer, ready to learn new things! I have a 57 4-dr (another similarity!) that I've been using to learn, well, everything! I've done my first tune-up in many years, replaced leaf springs, installed an exhaust (mine was missing when I got the car!), etc. I still have tons to learn, and will be starting on the interior soon (another similarity).

Welcome, and I'm sure we can learn from each other and the "experts" on this site. It's a great place to post questions.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome Dave. If you ever get stuck on some problem that the books can't help you with... this is the place to ask. There are so many members that know 100 times more than the books because they actually worked on these cars...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm from a small town in central Minnesota called Spicer. (About 100 miles west of Minneapolis) It's on a large lake named Green Lake and it's a great place to cruise. There's a wonderful road that goes all the way around the lake with beautiful views in many spots. In fact I just did that very thing last night!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome. We certainly seem to have a lot in common. Maybe we can learn from each other! Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
deliason said:
I'm from a small town in central Minnesota called Spicer. (About 100 miles west of Minneapolis) It's on a large lake named Green Lake and it's a great place to cruise. There's a wonderful road that goes all the way around the lake with beautiful views in many spots. In fact I just did that very thing last night!
I was just reminiscing the other day about my memories of "going to the lake" in the summertime when I was a kid living in Mpls....we went "way out" to Lake Pulaski (near Buffalo) and that is where I sat in my first trifive and the fire was kindled -- it didn't ignite until last year, nearly 35 years later! There was a road going all the way around the lake (sound familiar?) and we'd cruise around the lake whenever possible with the "older" kids who owned the trifives! Wow, what memories! Those were the good ol' days of drive-in movies and car-hops at the A&W...there I go again getting sentimental.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.