Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim at Redline Auto, is working on my 57, He is really good and is not very expensive, but he is 30 miles south of louisville, but it's worth the drive if you have time to wait on him, because he needs to finish mine first:)

And the best part is he will look at your car and give you a total estimate for the job, most people go by the hour so when he gave me a full estimate I felt good, not that theirs anything wrong with by the hour guys.

His name Is Tim call him 1-502-724-3265

He will give you a great price and he does excellant work start to finsh

If you need he can pick your car up like he did mine .

Otis / Trifive

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Tell us more, Otis. Is he doing a full restoration or just some body work or what?

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the floor pans, braces etc, then he took over he is doing full body work, paint, and mechanical, installing rack and pinion, disc brakes etc, I am building the 454 and he will install it plus tons of other mechanical etc etc, I guess you could say he is doing a full, with the exception of the interior will be done by another guy, and then when i get it back I will still need to get new bumpers and finish buying some more chrome.

So he is doing a ton of work, I am doing some work , and unholestry man doing some etc etcx.

Otis:)

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I will post some more pictures probably tomorrow, It has been a long winter, lots of stuff done to the car with lots of things still to do, I know that is not an answer but I will take more photos and give more details tomorrow hopefully, It is still comming along but still lots to do.

as far as cost I will give some updates tomorrow.

Otis

·
Registered
4 Posts
Restoration shop

Otis, I`m curious to know if the shop your using, redline auto, only uses body filler or can they work with lead? Do you know of anyone who does lead work, Thanks n2oldcars

·
Administrator
49,633 Posts
I doubt you`ll see very many shops using lead any more. The young guys probably aren`t being trained to use it. There is a filler being used called all metal that is more than likely leads replacement.
Terry

·
Registered
377 Posts
What ya think about the 55' Otis???? Is it to bold of color's and too low for ya??? I can't with to take you for a ride in it and show you what a BBC is susposed to feel and sound like!!!!! Try to post more pics but i'm doing something wrong I guess !!!!!Imagine that, me doing something wrong!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
nice tow bar!!!!

Don't lose that tow bar !!!!!!!!! As high as race fuel is and the mileage the car get's there's a good chance we'll need it one day!!!!!!!!!! but don't worry unless I break something or run out of gas that ole 57 will never be in front !!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
rumor has it that a pretty important client is gracing Redline with a visit on Thursday.......Any idea who that might be Otis?????? I was told that I have to be on my best behavior!!!!

Or was it Friday??? I've been working so hard I have lost track of what day it is LOL!!

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it is getting very close to being paintable, Redline has been working hard on it, I was super pleased, They have a 55 2door hard top waiting in line behind mine and it is looking good already.

I should have gotten some up to date photo's I will next time I go see it.

Redline is going to paint it for me, then I get it back for more wiring etc etc, then it goes to the upholstery shop for interior, then to my friend glen for exhaust system

Thanks

Otis

1 - 20 of 24 Posts