Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I never thought that it would be so hard to sell a 57 Chevy in a group as large as this. It is heartbreaking to see it sitting at the end of my driveway with a For Sale sign on it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Takes a bit of luck and timing to sell any used vehicles these days, especially a hobby car. I put mine up for sale and as most people would think it would sell fast, it hasn’t. I still have it up. I think people’s wallets this time of year have tightened up a bit. I wish you luck!

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Christmas has never been a good time to sell a car, but it can be a good time to buy if you have the $$...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
You have the price too high:scared0016: for the condition and the audience is too small here. What you have in the vehicle doesn't mean that's the value of it. No one here seems to want to give you an offer. Try Craigslist or Facebook market place and you will get offers but you may not like what they are. Hopefully you can get it sold for a fair price for you and the buyer.

I have sold a lot of stuff using those sites if the price is right.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You have the price too high:scared0016: for the condition and the audience is too small here. What you have in the vehicle doesn't mean that's the value of it. No one here seems to want to give you an offer. Try Craigslist or Facebook market place and you will get offers but you may not like what they are. Hopefully you can get it sold for a fair price for you and the buyer.

I have sold a lot of stuff using those sites if the price is right.

So you are saying I should cut my losses and just give it away, that's not going to happen and I think it is priced accordingly. Talk about an insult

·
Administrator
48,514 Posts
So you are saying I should cut my losses and just give it away, that's not going to happen and I think it is priced accordingly. Talk about an insult
Tough pill to swallow but I think he was dead on with what he told you!
I have to say i agree with them. I have seen several on facebook marketplace recently for under 10k. Running, driving , decent paint and interior 4drs. No offense meant toward you or your 57.
Terry

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Sometimes as the old saying goes, we can't see the forest for the trees. It's difficult to admit to ourselves that the value we put on our cars doesn't necessarily reflect the value real buyers spending real money put on them. The popularity of our cars is on the wane whether we want to see it or not, especially stock one's. You can either reduce the price or keep denying reality, it's your car. The advice given is meant to help you, you can take it as given or continue to wonder why it doesn't sell. Good luck !

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If the members here were honest, most would say they have more into their car than what it would sell for. Good luck with your sale.

Fuzz

MAGA

:gba:

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
If the members here were honest, most would say they have more into their car than what it would sell for. Good luck with your sale.

Fuzz

MAGA

:gba:
No truer words spoken. When I first saw this ad, I thought it was priced too high for what it was. I said nothing because it would have been only my opinion and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But it is what it is. It's been posted for a long time with no apparent offers. So, is it priced too high?? Maybe that model isn't in demand?? Not really sure. I do know that when I buy something, unless it has some innate appeal to me, I always think about the possibility of a future resale. Would this car be easy for me to sell if need be?? It's a big factor in my decision making process. I'm not trying to offend anyone, so please no one take this personal, but I don't think 4d trifive sedans are that much in demand. Again, this is just my opinion. I do wish Glenn well with his sale.
Fuzz makes a very valid point. Recently, I've sold 3-4 older cars that I restored. I have yet to make a profit on any of them. I never bought them with the idea of making a profit. I bought them with the purpose to enjoy. I'm not a flipper. I will keep them from 3-4 years to as much as 32 years. I don't like losing money, but I've come to expect it. I do believe my days of restoration are passe. My next purchase will be one that is completely done. Just needs waxing. I'll let someone else take the hit. Who knows, I might even break even when I sell it. That would be a different feeling lol, Carmine.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm not trying to make a profit. Its true my car is not finished, I never said it was. But I do have everything it will take to make it drivable. And I would think that if someone is looking for a 57 to work on that they would appreciate that the parts go with the car and they wouldn't need to order them. And believe it or not, there are people that love 4 doors over two doors. Personally you couldn't give me a two door, oh no offence.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If you have all the parts you would be a lot better off using them and getting the car drivable. That would create value. While there may be some people who prefer four door cars the majority still want two doors.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
If you have all the parts you would be a lot better off using them and getting the car drivable. That would create value. While there may be some people who prefer four door cars the majority still want two doors.
My health will not allow me to continue working on it, that's the only reason for selling it. I'm on a fixed income and can not afford to pay someone to finish it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I'm not trying to make a profit. Its true my car is not finished, I never said it was. But I do have everything it will take to make it drivable. And I would think that if someone is looking for a 57 to work on that they would appreciate that the parts go with the car and they wouldn't need to order them. And believe it or not, there are people that love 4 doors over two doors. Personally you couldn't give me a two door, oh no offence.
If you had a 2 door we would not be having this discussion as the car would be sold.

·
Premium Member
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
If you had a 2 door we would not be having this discussion as the car would be sold.
Maybe so but there is nothing wrong with a 4 door, as a matter of fact a 4 door is much safer

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.