Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to match the Regal Turqoise on my '55 Bel Air to a Pantone color to use in some marketing materials. The PPG code is 11328. I've searched for a PPG to Pantone conversion chart with no success. Does anyone know if there's a conversion chart available? Thanks...

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
There was some recent talk about regal torquise, try the search tab above or PM Roger1 I think he has info :anim_25:
:congrats::tu:tu There had also been some great pics posted here as well with this color and ones that were very similar :tu:tu

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
There was some recent talk about regal torquise, try the search tab above or PM Roger1 I think he has info :anim_25:
Pro-Spray has a formula for the original color. It's RE50359.

I order my Pro-Spray paint from Chad's Auto Rod Technologies. They are also a dealer for Southern Polyurethanes.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Regal Turquoise PMS equivalent

I need to match the Regal Turqoise on my '55 Bel Air to a Pantone color to use in some marketing materials. The PPG code is 11328. I've searched for a PPG to Pantone conversion chart with no success. Does anyone know if there's a conversion chart available? Thanks...
Does anyone know if 55 Regal Turquoise is the same paint formula as 57 Tropical Turquoise? If so, I have some original Tropical Turquoise paint showing through on my firewall on my 57 wagon, and I can take a PMS book home tonight, and see if anything comes close. I have a bad feeling that it is going to be somewhere around the PMS 305c region, (edited: meaning, not very close to any one PMS color) but am only doing that from memory.

Driver.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Does anyone know if 55 Regal Turquoise is the same paint formula as 57 Tropical Turquoise? If so, I have some original Tropical Turquoise paint showing through on my firewall on my 57 wagon, and I can take a PMS book home tonight, and see if anything comes close. I have a bad feeling that it is going to be somewhere around the PMS 305c region, but am only doing that from memory.
Driver.
They are not the same and not even very close.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Does anyone know if 55 Regal Turquoise is the same paint formula as 57 Tropical Turquoise? If so, I have some original Tropical Turquoise paint showing through on my firewall on my 57 wagon, and I can take a PMS book home tonight, and see if anything comes close. I have a bad feeling that it is going to be somewhere around the PMS 305c region, (edited: meaning, not very close to any one PMS color) but am only doing that from memory.

Driver.
They're not.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts

Driver.

55 regal turquoise has metallic in it.:anim_25:bowtie-trifive:gba:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I have PPG Regal turquoise Metalic and F**d Wimbeldon White..

Below is a PPG recipe that was used a few years ago by a paint shop I used to do a scratch repair. The color match is 99% to my original paint which was applied back in 1998.

Here are a few pictures of the paint...
If you look closely at the fender behind the tire, you can see some hand-done pinstripes just to make things interesting...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.