Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me after a few hours of "hard work" or as my wife says, FUN!
Check out the cool new crossflow in the backdrop that will be goin in real soon.
Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Auto part Auto mechanic

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Lookin good! Is the 283 going back in or are you stuffing something else in the hole?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Late 55,
Heres the goal. I originally just wanted to really clean up the under hood area. You know, paint, wiring etc. One thing is leadin to another. My goal is a zz454 by March 1. If not, the 283 will have to go back, freshley painted with a new 700r4 and torque converter. I'd be ok with that. I am really tryin to get this B Block thing goin and really document along the way as to help others. I will however be changing springs, bushings, upper cntl arms steering box, and colum by the spring. If the 283 has to go back in, with the roller rockers I added and the Doug thorley headers, it does sound great and with the deeper 1st gear of the new trans, I should be foolin alot of youngsters that more is there than meets the eye! I will be postin pics as I go.

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Fiftee6 things always seem to have the snowball effect when working on these cars. I was going to rebuild my front end, add disc brakes and cleanup the engine compartment too. When i turned around good the body was off and i didn`t know exactly what happened. Good luck with your car.
Terry

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome Fiftee6!
Have you considered the crate 572? Nothing sounds like or fills up an engine bay like a Big Block! How about a Bill Mitchell "HARDCORE" racing products 454cid small block with 600hp at 575 ft. lbs. of torque!!!!

Now is the time to work on the front suspension and steering system. As long as the motor's out, might as well plug all the holes on the firewall and inner fender panels, smooth everything out, re-route/hide all the wiring, sand and smooth the frame horns, add the disc brake system and, and, and.......Sorry! The snowball effect!!!!! Good luck with your build. Take pictures of your progress and post them.

Otis.....get well soon!

Tom

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Good Work fiftee6

Its strange that women have a different idea of all the work we do with our cars.
Is it becasue we always have a big smile when were in the garage.

Really nice work you doing,

The snowball effect is a dangerus thing, becasue suddenly the car is standing in the garage for a couple of years, instead of rolling on the street.

Keep up the good work.

:)
Owe

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tom,
Good point on the filling of all the hoes. That is my intention. I have already ripped out ALL wires. They were spliced about 6 or seven times per wire! Its amazing it would start. Anyway, I was going to order a lead fill kit for all the holes. I've never done this. Any ideas on that? Or a good product that wont crack? Thanks, Phil...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Sorry Fiftee6,
Can't help you with bodywork or metal fabrication. Ask Steve (prostreet) in the metal fabrication area of this web site. He will be able to tell you how to "plug weld" all those holes. I just know NOW is the time to do it. Prostreet does this for a living....he's the guy I'd ask! Good luck..

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts