Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Wow. That was some repair job. Very nice. Great work. I would think whatever caused that damage, pushed a portion of the window frame/roof over. I wonder how he got that area positioned to where it was suppose to be again?? Bet a lot of work and fitting went into that, Carmine.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ouch , looks to be a garage door mishap. Thanks for being humble and sharing that ...perhaps it will be a reminder for other members. That had to be a moment that created some profanity. Great job on the body work.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow. That was some repair job. Very nice. Great work. I would think whatever caused that damage, pushed a portion of the window frame/roof over. I wonder how he got that area positioned to where it was suppose to be again?? Bet a lot of work and fitting went into that, Carmine.
Saw this come across in new postings, thanks for the positive comments on the repair...not all me, I have some great guys helping at my shop. We have a plasma table so I made a jig so that the pressure would be consistant during the push/pull back. Obviously the metal in the crease area was stretched quite a bit but after making a small cut to the area, pull the cut area together and tig weld it and the area was good again. We still use lead on the classics so after a bunch of hammer and dolly work we applied a small area of lead to make it look great, followed by minimum skim coat of body filler (for filling scratches and file marks). Duane wanted the blue gone so after stripping all the blue area down to bare metal we applied epoxy primer followed by a couple coats of 2K and blocked it out to make it straight. I have to admit, I am jealous of all of you finding these tri-fives in the southwest compared to what we find here in the snow/rustbelt :)

Reactions: davidc

·
Registered
67,777 Posts
never know it is the same car. nice to have buddies like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all of you putting in your likes comments !! And yes, my bro in MN. knows how to put a
big smile and relief look on my face. Obviously a talented dude ! And posting how he did the difficult
work on that, shows !!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts