Dad's 55 before paint

Dad working on Model A that I still have

1937-1988

Love you Dad

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Hey Brother:
I think a lot of us are doing the same thing this weekend. I know you are a little ways away from where I am, but we'll raise a pint together and toast our Dads.
Here's to your Dad and mine...:)

Eugene

·
Administrator
50,547 Posts
Thinking about my Dad this weekend.
I lost him 25 years ago.
We missed so much together.
A true car guy
I know how you feel. My dad has been gone nearly 30yrs now. And i still miss him a lot. Would love to take him for a ride in my 57.
Terry

·
Premium Member
6,970 Posts
Here's to my dad, lost him in 82 and not a day goes by that I don't miss him or think about him. I think he would be proud of me owning a 55 and 57. Same as Terry,would love to take him a ride in my cars. This is my dad and his 27 Essex, my brother still owned the car today.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Lost my dad in 1980. Dad was a second generation steel worker(I was the third) who taught me well about fixing cars at a very young age. Dad could and would fix anything and thanks to him, I followed down that same avenue. Dad was a grease monkey at heart.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I lost my dad last July, we talked about doing the 57 for years because it my dream car. I have this sticker on the car so he'll always be part of it.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My dad

My dad inspired me to build a 57 chevy as my first car. I was talking about this one and that one and after months of my idle chit chat. My Dad said he had always wanted a 57 chevy, but he never could afford one. Apparently they always brought a little more than its counterparts on the lot or at least that's how he seen it. He said a 57 chevy was a beautiful car and an American icon. It struck a cord with me as a 14 year old and I bought 2 57's for parts before I actually bought the one I restored and the one I still have. I think he was really proud when I got that Hot 57 hardtop back on the road. We had a close relationship for many of my adult years and He is 78 years old this year. Unfortunately I cant talk to him this and last year. Him and my mom are PO'd with me and the wife because they refuse to believe their daughter is a Prolific Drug user (heroin) and the whole family suffers. So you might think this wasn't a good day for me , but It was one of the best Fathers days I have ever had. My 15 year old son Took me and Judy out to a nice restaurant for lunch and even sprang for a dessert. More touching to me was his heartfelt "happy fathers day" which prompted me to respond to him that " I was proud to be his father" and my eyes welled up. I AM VERY Proud of him. At age three the "professional educators and medicine men" Tried to foist every type of mental and learning disability you could ever phathom upon him. Me and my wife fought FOUGHT these people for years and Guess what. The further we distanced him from the special needs children and forced the school system to merge him into the normal and pushed for the advanced classes against their proclamations that he may not be able to be able to handle the advanced classes. The better he did. His fifth grade math teacher was amazed at his math proficiency . She described him as a " human calculator" . I cant do the math in my head he does. He has been Honor roll for the last five years every semester and I thought I was going to threaten legal action if they did not release him from their special ed grips last year. So Fathers day for me was great. Now at 15 the hard work starts. Get him thru high school and thru college and I'll probably cry like a baby when he does graduate. It's a great day. Only wish he would enjoy cars even half a much as I do, cause he could inheret one heck of a decked out garage.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I plan to keep enjoying the hot rodding scene with my dad (71 yrs) for as long as I can. Here's a short slide show with me and my dad taking in a quick 3-day Route 66 road trip in 2011. I just sent it to him last night and my mom said he watched it several time (I think he liked it).

http://youtu.be/rxwgcjC4q08

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I plan to keep enjoying the hot rodding scene with my dad (71 yrs) for as long as I can. Here's a short slide show with me and my dad taking in a quick 3-day Route 66 road trip in 2011. I just sent it to him last night and my mom said he watched it several time (I think he liked it).

http://youtu.be/rxwgcjC4q08
Great plan!
I love that video. So many irreplaceable memories.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Lost my Dad in'63 at 41 yrs old (i was 16). He taught me to drive in a brand new 57 Chevy the summer of 58. He left me a 32 Plymouth coupe and a 55 Buick we were rebuilding and a taste for fixin old cars. Lost both cars shortly after his death, but never lost the taste for working on cars, thanks Dad, I miss you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.