Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took all day, but I got the instrument cluster out of the 57 today and I am wondering if anyone reproduces the threaded rods that the nuts go on to hold the bottom of the cluster to the dash, I broke one

I figure I can make one out of threaded rod or thread a piece of rod, but it would easier to just buy the rods if someone sells them. So far I havn't found any.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I would just buy some long bolts with the same thread and saw the heads off. I've never seen all thread rod smaller than 1/4"

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
It took all day, but I got the instrument cluster out of the 57 today and I am wondering if anyone reproduces the threaded rods that the nuts go on to hold the bottom of the cluster to the dash, I broke one

I figure I can make one out of threaded rod or thread a piece of rod, but it would easier to just buy the rods if someone sells them. So far I havn't found any.
i may have a few laying around i will check when i get back in from work to day

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Gary, the screw size is 10/24. Any hardware store should have these screws in 3, 4, 5, or 6" lenghts. Just cut the head off.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
I have some.PM me and I will drop it in the mail if you still need it.:shakehands:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.