Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody?

I tried vinegar, dry cleaning fluid, oven cleaner, glass cleaner (duh)

I tried using a fresh single edged razor blade, it works but I'm afraid it'll scratch the glass.

I need help, car show in Ocean City, MD this weekend.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I use car wax it seems to work pretty well.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Wow, I have mostly the same problem. Windex won't touch mine. I'm still trying to find something to take the "Rain X" off. I'll never use it again! Some love it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My neighbor waters his yard all the time and it gets my truck and car wet and I on the road a week at a time so in the summer time I have real bad water stains
Ived used 2 diff Products and they both work good for me Zephyr Pro50 Eliminator I get it at the truck stops. and I,ve used Lime-a-way use the the lime-a-way on the glass only Zephyr can be used on very thing http://www.zephyrpro40.com

·
Registered
37,982 Posts
I agree with Mitch, you need a stronger chemical or you need to polish those waterspots off. Obviously the polish needs to be a very fine one.

Newspaper or any kind of paper like a paper towel can be a polishing material. They say you should never use paper on eyeglasses as it will scratch. But sometimes you need that for cleaning. It's a fine line between removing something and scratching.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have used a product called Kaboom that works well for water spots.
It is available at most grocery stores I think.
I would use it on a test spot before puting it on paint. Glass is no problem.

Tom

·
Registered
361 Posts
cleaning acid from aimes detail products it works. Just a little on a paper towell..BE CAREFULL.. then a little wax..

·
Registered
176 Posts
water spots on glass

wire wheel cleaner acid works as long as you do not have any scrapes from wipers BUT YOU MUST BE VERY CAREFUL AND REMOVE IT RIGHT AWAY AND THEN WAX...I Know it sounds stupid but I owned a Chevy dealership for 25 years before I retired and one of my detail guys showed this years ago, it works, use rubber gloves and do not get it on the paint of course. Be Very Careful!!! I will be at the OC show on Sat afternoon maybe I will see you

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had severe water spots on my rear window and with some elbow grease and Blue Magic(chrome cleaner) I managed to take care of the spots. Work on small areas at a time.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
3M Headlight Lens Restoration System

When we lived in Midland Texas, that was the hardest water in the world, sprinkling systems which created water spots on the glass around our home was impossible to remove, we tryed everything to no avail. then in a last ditch effort, I picked up one of those 3M Headlight Lens Restoration System, followed the directions exactly on our home window panes, where NOTHING had worked before, and this stuff worked like a charm, could't beleive the results after all the other items i tried, some of which have been mentioned.

Luckily, my 55 was always in the garage, so my glass was never exposed to this hard water, therefore I never had to attempt this, so it'll be up to you to use it on your car glass, regardless, I feel confident it'll work... anyone else tried this ?? BDR :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I heard that works.

I tried everything else and settled on Gojo Orange with Pumice on a dry paper towel and a TON of elbow grease, a TON!!! It finally worked but nothing else I tried, worked.

Besides the headlight cleaner, I'd like to try the XXXXX or OOOOO copper wool and wax, but I may just stay with the Gojo, at least I found something.

·
Registered
57 210, 2Dr wagon
98 Posts
I used a product called zaino glass polish on a 67 camaro, and also on a dark glass on my suburban rear windows , came out like new.

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
In a previous post, there was a list of uses of WD40. One of the uses was removing water spots. Haven't tried it yet, but I have a shower door that will soon get the WD40 treatment and we'll see if it works.

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts