Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
Both are reputable companys IMO
I have purchased quite a bit over the years from CARS.

In general the bare metal parts are made in Sterling heights Mi and the black coated parts are made overseas (korea I think) Just as most replacement parts are Danchuk, no matter which vender you use. Most sheetmetal are one of the two Mfgs reguardless of who is selling them. There is also Ecklers and Danchuk of coarse, Plus several sponsor vendors here.

The general concensus iseems to be that the overseas parts are a little better fit, but CARS is able to assemble a complete 57 convertible, using the USA parts and only a donor cowl. so they do work. I don;t think you will be hurt eaither way.
Gary

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Read the heading and thought, I could use a couple good knees if anyone knows where to get them cheap...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is also Ecklers and Danchuk
Nothing against those two companies as they are great BUT I doupt that they actualy make them!
What I am surprised of is that the overseas ones would fit better :confused0006:
Is there a company that actualy makes them and sells them resale?
DANgerous

·
Registered
37,967 Posts
"Is there a company that actualy makes them and sells them resale?"

Not really. There are manufacturers, there are distributors, and there are retailers.

Most of the stuff in the CARS catalog is made by EMI in the US (maybe some pieces in Canada). Sherman is a distributor of that stuff, and CARS and most other retailers sell that stuff.

Most of the stuff that Resto-World sells is distributed by Gold Star, and it's made in Taiwan. More and more retailers are selling the Gold Star.

I think there's a company called Cross Canada (you can guess where they are) that makes a few things. I'm not sure who sells it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Is there a company that actualy makes them and sells them resale?"

Not really. There are manufacturers, there are distributors, and there are retailers.

Most of the stuff in the CARS catalog is made by EMI in the US (maybe some pieces in Canada). Sherman is a distributor of that stuff, and CARS and most other retailers sell that stuff.

Most of the stuff that Resto-World sells is distributed by Gold Star, and it's made in Taiwan. More and more retailers are selling the Gold Star.

I think there's a company called Cross Canada (you can guess where they are) that makes a few things. I'm not sure who sells it.
It appears that Cross is a distributor for EMI as well. When you go to the Sherman website, it directs you to the Cross Canada parts catalog.

Of course they double the Sherman price in Canada at Cross for "all the hard work of importing the panels".:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Dan, I bought a full floor pan from Matt's Classic Bowties in California, and a trunk floor from the late Star City Gene in Ohio, and both items came from Texas with Gold Star labels on them. It doesn't matter who you buy it from, you're getting the same thing - usually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts