Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if a door from a two door hard top (no post) fit on a convertable?

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Does any one know if a door from a two door hard top (no post) fit on a convertable?
It will fit , but it's not exactly the same. The difference is at the top of the Vent Window post. The hardtop has the extra indented tab at the top, and the convertible doesn't.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Convertable Door

Today I measured the height of the window rolled up and it seens to be 1/2 inch shorter than the window of the convertable door. Any further thoughts?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,168 Posts
That will have nothing to do with the door fit. It may have the wrong regulator in it, or the top adjustment stops are adjusted to low. Also it is possible to install the regulator from the LH in the RH and visa-versa. I've seen it done more then once.

Here are some photos of the convertible and hardtop vent post trim. The convertible (LH DOOR) is smooth all the way to the top, where the hardtop has the notch for the flipper to fold down into. It is common to find hardtop doors on convertibles because of damage replacement.

Mikey

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much. Dawn just broke on Marble Head. I really appreciate the effort you put into this for me. I am going to buy the door.

You are awesome!
Fraz

·
Premium Member
15,902 Posts
Thanks very much. Dawn just broke on Marble Head. I really appreciate the effort you put into this for me. I am going to buy the door.

You are awesome!
Fraz
What year is your car and what year is the door. The 56 door has the lock hole in a different location than the 55 & 57 are located.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts