Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a set of American Racing wheels on the car -- by previous owner who stuffed over size tires in the rear wheel well with less than 1/2 inch clearance between side wall and outer quarter panel -- any way looking to fine 14 x 6 wheels that will fit the 57 I have -- I think that there are some later years that will fit, just don't know which ones will work.

Bill

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Almost any mid size chevy wheel will fit (Nove, Chevelle, Malibu, ect.), but the original wheel covers won't stay on them. The 57 hubcaps need nubs on the outside edge of the wheel rim to hold them on.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Don's right,unless you can find the Canadian 57 wheelcovers,which don't need the nubs.
65,66,67 fullsize will fit,as well as 70's Nova,Chevelle and also some B.O.P. wheels too.Be sure to check the back-spacing before buying!
Plenty of choices out there for steel wheels.
Mike.:bowtieb::)

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you do find a set of wheels that do not have the nubs and want to use stock hub caps, it's possible to weld nubs on the wheels in order to get the caps to stay on.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks :congrats::congrats:all of you -- looks like I'll have quite a few choices for wheels -- that part about the nubs on the wheels is good to know since I would like to use the stock wheel covers. Guess I'll have to learn to weld or get it done for me.

Thanks again.

Bill

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Some 210s were dressed up with full wheel covers. Generally most got the smaller 210/150 caps. With these, your wheels don't need the nubs to hold them on. They fit in the center of the wheel. Not around the outer edge such as the full wheel covers do.

·
RIP: 12-31-2011
2,893 Posts
I have a full set of stock 57 wheels off my wagon with full wheel covers and wide white walls. The tires are not radials, they are bias ply. Send me a PM if your interested.
Rick

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Yes, not all 14" wheels fit, I got some 14 X 6 wheels from a 70 Chevelle Wagon and they have the wrong back space, they foul the front suspension top ball joint and seem to be 3/8" short of back space. I have been told that the only 14 X 6 wheels that have the right back space and also have the 4 nubs for the wheel covers are fitted to 1961 Impala Station Wagons. The Canadian wheel covers are an alternative for 14 x 6 wheels from the mid 80's.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Replacement GM Wheels

These are the wheels that came on the car when I got it.

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/bilaire/

They are American Racing Wheels with M&S P235 60R15 98S Lee Radial G/T Turbo Action tires. About 3/16 tread left. Rear lettering is scrubbed - extend too close to quarter panel - do not appear to have damaged sidewall.

Front wheel drum to outer rim is approx 4.5 inches.
Rear wheel drum to outer rim is approx 7.5 inches.

I am planning to go to the original wheel size 14 X 6.

Any interest in these let me know

Bill
________

1 - 13 of 13 Posts