Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new trim kit for the dash. Have a 210 but got the bel air chrome and black inserts. How do i install these? Got them when i bought the car and they came with no instructions.

Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
maybe some info in library area on homepage. :anim_25: ........... might want to get assembly and shop manual (if you don't have).

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Take out the 2 screws on each end, take all of the bezels off the dash switches, cig lighter unscrews from the back, loosen clock mounting bracket , remove radio bezels, all that stuff holds it on. You can use some 2 sided tape to hold it back on if it bows out from the dash in some areas. There should be a schematic in the library here. Its a good time to get familiar with a assy manual.
:anim_25: :tu you can do it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Still learning the site. Lots of great stuff on here. Have not found a search function. Is there one for this site?

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Take out the 2 screws on each end, take all of the bezels off the dash switches, cig lighter unscrews from the back, loosen clock mounting bracket , remove radio bezels, all that stuff holds it on. You can use some 2 sided tape to hold it back on if it bows out from the dash in some areas. There should be a schematic in the library here. Its a good time to get familiar with a assy manual.
:anim_25: :tu you can do it.
That covers it, just remember the light switch shaft needs to come out by pressing the button on the switch from the underside of the dash. Also some of the switches need different tools to make it easier for you to take the nuts off.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info on getting everything off. Wife tells me i am getting a little ahead of myself as i need to do a little resto work on the dash itself before i get to this point. I hate when she is right. :y:

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Thanks for the info on getting everything off. Wife tells me i am getting a little ahead of myself as i need to do a little resto work on the dash itself before i get to this point. I hate when she is right. :y:
Nod & smile you know you cant win :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
search

Being new here myself, I find the search function somewhat daunting. I've found that if I put in my search on Google, a trifive link will almost always appear. It works for me and saves me lots of time. I consider it my shortcut for the computer impaired. :flag6:

Rog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts