Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, there is a strong possibility that I will be replacing my Holley electric fuel pump soon. I just filled the tank before I began thinking about doing this. I know I can siphon or drain the tank via the plug, but I was wondering if there was another way?? I don't need the gas running all over the place and I know some members get real creative with the way they do things. I was hoping someone had a little trick in changing out electric fuel pumps. Thank you, Carmine.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,390 Posts
Had a look in the manual, lo & behold you guys are correct, dont know why I thought 55/56 did not have a drain plug heres a pic from the workshop manual that shows the plug.
You may have been thinking of the rear axle Angelo

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If you are looking to drain the tank, why not remove the output line to the carb and put a hose on the outlet side or disconnect the line up front and turn the pump on to drain the tank. Just have enough fuel cans on hand:anim_25:

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you are looking to drain the tank, why not remove the output line to the carb and put a hose on the outlet side or disconnect the line up front and turn the pump on to drain the tank. Just have enough fuel cans on hand:anim_25:
Not a bad idea at all. Might just try that. Just left the garage and tried loosening the drain plug. This is a new tank and the plug wouldn't budge at all. I thought I saw the entire tank move a little so I stopped. Tried siphoning the gas using at least a 5'-6' piece of garden hose. For whatever reasons, the end of the hose in the tank never came in contact with the gas. I know there has to be at least 3/4 a tank of gas. So, I quit for the day. Tomorrow is a new day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.