Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys, wanting to change out the old coil front springs on my 57 two door hard top. I have low profile tires that came with the car and the prevues owner put 3 spacer in the springs to get some height since the fender wells rub against the tires. I have a 81 Camaro sub frame underneath, I've looked into Moog springs and have come up with a few spring stock numbers, which are 580, 6450, 6486, not sure if this will help at all about my Q. I would like to get some height in the front end to eliminate the rubbing and sorta level out the car. So, in your professional rebuild classic car building opinion, which one would be the fit for my 57, thanks for any info you guys my be able to help me here.

Robert

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
You could go back to the stock springs and just have it lowered from the drop spindles. But you will have to determine the look your going for. Some people run 2” dropped spindles and 2” lower coil springs.

As for the tire rubbing issue that may be due to the tire size and the back space of the wheel. Some spindle setups will push the wheel out further than stock. Need some more info on that subject to help you out a little more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.