Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Looks great! I use mine as a truck too but draw the line at anything damaging. They give me a hard time at the dump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
YEA I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN GEORGE. I GOT THE STRIPS BOLTED IN AND SECURED BED DOWN ITS ALL DONE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 2 FRIGGIN BOLTS I WILL NEED ANOTHER PERSON TO GET THE NUTS ON THEM.

I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS JUST THE WAY MINE IS BUT THERE WERE ABOUT 4 BOLTS THAT TOOK ME FOREVER TO GET TIGHTENED. I WAS WORKING BY MYSELF AND MAN WOULD IT HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE JUST TO PUSH THE BOLTS THROUGH AND HOLD THEM.

HERE IS A SHOT OF IT FROM THE UNDERSIDE.NOW ON TO THE BACK FENDERS.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Looks good, good to have it behind you. I used masking tape to hold down the trouble bolts. Or my wife if she was home. Is the plan to get it all done and then take apart to paint?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The plan is to cover it and paint the bed. I may have to remove the bed for the painter we will see how it works.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am about to replace the wood bed on my 57. I have looked at several kits online at LMC, Classic Industries, Bed Wood and Parts.com, Mar-K, and Brothers. Is there any one kit or company that you guys have used and are satisfied with their product?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got mine from LMC. They delivered in timely manner and I was satisfied with the wood. The hardware was complete and fit correctly. I think these places all get their wood from the same supplier I may be wrong. I would order from them again if I needed another floor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got mine from Mar-K. It’s pretty sweet-looking, but we haven’t installed the wood yet. The truck is at the painters so we are getting close to that point. Bought some zebra wood for the bed so it should be an interesting project (to say the least). Zebra wood is HARD!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Zebrawood is really hard. but also, It's real splintery along the edges. I veneered some large speakers with it, they came out killer. It took awhile to get all the splinters out of my hands.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts