Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of reproduction 1956 AC dash vents a few years ago and was impressed with the look and the quality. Now I am looking for a set of these vents for another project and I can't find them anywhere. They are out of stock everywhere I check. I can still get the 1955 style vents but I prefer the look of the 1956 vents.

Does anyone here have any insight on who manufactures these vents? I wonder if this is just a temporary supply chain issue, or if the manufacturer has just quit making them? If this is the case I will buy the 1955 vents.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,463 Posts
I believe they were made one time and didn't sell very fast. They have not been made in many years. What is left is what there is. Choose wisely

Mikey

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe they were made one time and didn't sell very fast. They have not been made in many years. What is left is what there is. Choose wisely

Mikey
Thanks Mikey.
I just ordered a set of 1955 dash vents. It's not exactly what I wanted for my '56, but I figured I better snag them before they are also sold out. If I ever come across a set of 1956 vents I can install them and sell the 1955 vents.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Thanks Mikey.
I just ordered a set of 1955 dash vents. It's not exactly what I wanted for my '56, but I figured I better snag them before they are also sold out. If I ever come across a set of 1956 vents I can install them and sell the 1955 vents.

Where did you order them?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have plenty of 55 & 57 vents for sale at Mutton Hollow Chevys. The supplier stopped making 56 a few years ago. It took us 6 years to sell 15 pair. There were slow movers. But I currently get 2-3 calls a day with people looking for 56 vents.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I have plenty of 55 & 57 vents for sale at Mutton Hollow Chevys. The supplier stopped making 56 a few years ago. It took us 6 years to sell 15 pair. There were slow movers. But I currently get 2-3 calls a day with people looking for 56 vents. We might be buying the tooling.

What country are yours made in?

you charge 20 bucks more then Classic industries, are they the exact same part?

·
Registered
490 Posts
What country are yours made in?

you charge 20 bucks more then Classic industries, are they the exact same part?
We just got a new batch in and we had a price increase I’m sure classic will raise there prices soon. Every time I order new parts 90% of them have had a price increase. I believe these are US made but I can’t remember for sure.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Steve, did you try The Truck and Car Shop in California? They show them in their catalog (PAGE 151 P/N 56-07240) but I don't know if they have them in stock.

Ed
I had a customer call me after they called them and they didn’t have them. It seems like the past 2-3 months the little inventory dealers had disappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts