Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use Restore engine additive? I have a 1969 Ford F-250 and I remember putting in a can a long time ago that seemed to help - any stories or experience? :anim_44:

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
My cousin used it in his older Suburban a few years ago. He said it helped with the compression and gas mileage. It was a high mileage truck and he kept it a few years after he added it. That's about all I know.
I'm not sold on anything that might glog up drain holes in the block or radiator. barsleak is another that I've heard stories about people using to sell their vehicles to temporary stop leaks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have used it in a couple different cars and trucks over the years and never had a problem. Rebuilt one of the engines, oil passages and cylinders all looked fine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've uesed it over the years on several high mileage/problem engines, and while there isn't such a thing as a rebuild or cure in a can, it's the closest thing I've ever found to one. Last time I used it was about 4 months ago when I bought a 77 Z-28 in Tn and was driving it home. Lots of smoke coming from the exhaust, kinda weak, and I figured I had about a 200 mile drive to work it in. Grabbed a can, dumped it in the car, and by the time I got it home the car would actually do a burnout, and most of the smoking was stopped. I recommend it to people who want a quick easy fix and can't afford a mechanical fix. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't, but in my opinion, worth the money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts