Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can some please tell us, based on an original car, how the LOF and date codes on the side glass (vent, door, and quarter) are supposed to be read. Is it from the outside or the inside of the car?

My vent windows have the words reading properly on the outside on the drivers side, and properly from inside on the passenger side, as if both of the markings were put on the same side of the glass. Does this hold up for other cars? Does the passenger side have all the wording readable from the inside?

Having checked the archives on this forum, this question apparently has not yet been answered. Any imput is appreciated!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
I was only able to find the driver door glass and the pass vent, but they were as you described.
Jim

·
Premium Member
16,172 Posts
Can some please tell us, based on an original car, how the LOF and date codes on the side glass (vent, door, and quarter) are supposed to be read. Is it from the outside or the inside of the car?

My vent windows have the words reading properly on the outside on the drivers side, and properly from inside on the passenger side, as if both of the markings were put on the same side of the glass. Does this hold up for other cars? Does the passenger side have all the wording readable from the inside?

Having checked the archives on this forum, this question apparently has not yet been answered. Any input is appreciated!
All the original glass markings are read from the left (driver) side of the car. What you have there is correct for an original car.

-Bruce

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
That is how all the flat glass is stamped, on the left side. It would have been a lot of extra work to make and assemble lefts and rights when these cars were being manufactured! :)

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
My 57 is the same and I just figured that it was Chevrolet. They were a working mans car so they would keep the cost down by usuing the same stamp for both left and right side glass.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
That is how my 56 glass is. I got new glass and had the date bugs put on them. Dave

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
So at least you know if you have original glass then :)
Yes, Most of the time, but as my previous post states you can have the date bugs put on new reproduction glass when you order it. Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts