Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you that go on you tube might recall a video of a beautiful blue,blown Willys gasser ,crashing.Then in 2007 it was brought back to life by it's owner. You can find it under ;Willys back on track again 2007 on you tube.The owner was a friend. His name is Rick Van Riper and he was one he!! of a man and an all around nice guy.He would never refuse helping people out and truely loved cars and drag racing.
He went to a car show at Newark Illinois were he got into an arguement with his wife and after some strange occurances that have not released by the police,it seems that some people in the crowd got involved and now he is dead.
Gonna miss that tall lanky guy-RIP Brother.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,382 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend.
That's an odd situation- hope at least it turns out to be an accident and not intentional.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That's a little strange to say the least. A friend of mine's wife went nuts on an airplane, several people got involved and made the whole thing worse. The flight got diverted of course the FBI, etc. Come to find out a doctor had prescribed her the wrong medicine and when she had a glass of wine on the plane, her blood sugar crashed. A simple deal turned bad because a bunch of folks got involved.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Just read the news article on your friend, apparently he set his own truck on fire and then began to throw knives at a guy. Wow, something went terribly wrong.

·
Registered
67,443 Posts
sorry about your friend.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend.

My good friend Clint Mason was shot & killed by the Denver cops in march of this year. After one cop tazered Clint with 50,000 volts, the other cop pulled his gun and pumped 5 shots in to Clint while he was on the ground. Clint's room mate had called the cops who responded to a 911 call. They reported Clint had set fire to the house, then stole his room mate's van which was found 1 block away from the house.

I've know Clint for at least 8 years. We met on MonteCarloSS.com and became good friends right off. We never met face to face but we shared a love for the Chevy Monte Carlo.

I really miss my friend even today.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't blame ya for being confused. The way the article was written,I would think he was a nut to. You will notice that the article was covered by the Beacon News. They are known as the Beaconfused around here,because they never get anything right.
I finally got the story and until some arrests are made,I shouldn't say anything. Thanks guys-Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts