Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read the rules but I'm still not clear on something. Can we post the story of how we were ripped off as long as we don't use names? I'd like to relay my story for others to read.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Two questions......regular poster in the classified section and did he take your money and not produce the item?

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
I've read the rules but I'm still not clear on something. Can we post the story of how we were ripped off as long as we don't use names? I'd like to relay my story for others to read.
We're listening.That's if the Administrators don't mind???
They say that you can't post a name because there's two
sides to every story.You can always PM the name to those
who request it.Let your NAMELESS story begin.What's the harm?

·
Administrator
66,133 Posts
This was added in the classifieds for members like your self.

"New Addition to Rules, If in fact you feel that you have tried everything to settle a problem with another member, Do not contact us unless it is a last resort, You can now send a pm to Otis or Terry and we will try to help solve the problem. If a member is doing shady business we will deal with that member, so that others are not taken. Otis"

:anim_25:

·
Registered
256 Posts
A note to all, there is a relatively new service to help with transactions like we do with each other, that adds some degree of accountability to the deal. Do a search for pay safe escrow. Some people use it in buying cars long distance and other items. :sign0020:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
"New Addition to Rules, If in fact you feel that you have tried everything to settle a problem with another member, Do not contact us unless it is a last resort, You can now send a pm to Otis or Terry and we will try to help solve the problem. If a member is doing shady business we will deal with that member, so that others are not taken. Otis"

I would post a fair description, less name and such, and do as mentioned above, and they will take it from there.

We all want to vent, and see if someone can help us find a solution, and the rest of us want to know who we can, and can't trust, but judging by how out-of-control I've seen this become on other websites, I think that Otis is taking the correct approach on this topic for Trifive. :tu

Just my 0.02! :anim_25:

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
I would post a fair description, less name and such, and do as mentioned above, and they will take it from there.

We all want to vent, and see if someone can help us find a solution, and the rest of us want to know who we can, and can't trust, but judging by how out-of-control I've seen this become on other websites, I think that Otis is taking the correct approach on this topic for Trifive. :tu

Just my 0.02! :anim_25:
I like that idea. Awareness is a great thing. Looking forward to hearing the story.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a pm from him today telling me the part has been shipped. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for 1 more day before I post about my experience. It's been 17 days since I've paid for the part and communication on his part has been the worst I've experienced in all my time dealing on the net. We are only about 5 hours apart so I should have gotten it 2 weeks ago or at least heard some sort of excuse. No matter how it turns out I will let everyone know about the experience in detail and use no names. He is a regular poster for specific parts here. I feel like a tattle tale but I believe otis or terry should be informed about his habits if he is going to continue selling here.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Got a pm from him today telling me the part has been shipped. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for 1 more day before I post about my experience. It's been 17 days since I've paid for the part and communication on his part has been the worst I've experienced in all my time dealing on the net. We are only about 5 hours apart so I should have gotten it 2 weeks ago or at least heard some sort of excuse. No matter how it turns out I will let everyone know about the experience in detail and use no names. He is a regular poster for specific parts here. I feel like a tattle tale but I believe otis or terry should be informed about his habits if he is going to continue selling here.

Hopefully this is resolved now without further ado....:shakehands:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
This was added in the classifieds for members like your self.

this is the way to go, contact one of them. hope it all works out for you. :anim_25:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
If it involves buying a car or any significant purchase sight unseen then the buyer is the fool. I've been ripped off by three members of this forum on ebay but not on this forum. No excuses for what they did. However, after spending some time selling on ebay, I better understand a seller's perspective on how something should be represented and how to deal with problem transactions. It makes me more patient with a problem transaction and more sure about the ripoffs I've experienced. Basically, I attribute more credibility to a buyer who's been ripped off if he also has some selling experience - to understand the selling point of view. BTW, wrt the previous post, I did send an empty box once for the sole purpose of acquiring a signature that the courts were asking for.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here's the story.

Bought a 57 150 steering wheel on 6/4/13 for $100 on this forum and from a member .Was told that shipping costs had gone up and he had to pass on a $27 charge. (the package showed a cost of $13.30). His description said the horn contact was missing but was available inexpensively. ( not so. the only one I've found is $75.00). Said he was shipping asap. (I recieved it 6/21/2013. 17 days for a 300 mile trip). I tried pms and emails and got no response. I finally got a response on 6/14/13 from a question I sent through an ebay add he had. He said he couldn't ship it because the tri5 site had been down and he couldn't get my address (made no sense at all. my address isn't on this site and I had been on here every day. I asked why he didn't use my paypal shipping info and he said he didn't know which one was mine, still nonsense). I asked him to ship asap as promised and give me a tracking #. I heard nothing from him and no tracking # . I waited until the 20th I believe and contacted him through ebay again. On the 21st he pmd me through this site and said it was shipped and gave me a tracking #. I got it today. It seems he has a hard time with the truth. I'm not finished with this yet. I have informed paypal and I'll escalate it to a claim if he doesn't either reimburse some of the price for misleading me or give me a refund and I'll send it back. I know some will think it's my fault for being uninformed about the cost of the horn contact but I try and give people the benefit of the doubt and believe what they say. Lesson learned this time.

·
Registered
37,250 Posts
All I have to say is that not everyone is as prompt as you expect. On the other hand if this guy is here as a "vendor" rather than as a guy who has an excess part or two for sale, then maybe he could/should do better.

Pretty hard to describe this as a ripoff. More like a guy who doesn't care/lazy.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had originally described it as a rip off because I didn't think he was actually sending the part. ( my mistake)" Not being prompt" may be a stretch considering it took 17 days to get a part that should have been here in 3 . The majority of his posts are to specifically sell steering wheels.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.