Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have realized that I need a rivet nut tool to fabricate some of the things I want to build for my 56 project.

Anybody have recommendations which tool to buy?

·
Registered
732 Posts
What size are you planning on using and how often. I bought mine off of Amazon. I also from another site somebody posted on a rivenuts vendor themselves that wasn't just standard metric but s/s, alum. I believe it was named Hanson. Be patient as this new format is a little confusing and I'll try to find photos of mine and post the info I have.
Kruz

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size are you planning on using and how often. I bought mine off of Amazon. I also from another site somebody posted on a rivenuts vendor themselves that wasn't just standard metric but s/s, alum. I believe it was named Hanson. Be patient as this new format is a little confusing and I'll try to find photos of mine and post the info I have.
Kruz
i would like to do both sheet metal and be able to go up to 5/16 or 3/8 or so..
Thanks

·
Registered
35,565 Posts
Check out the Marson rivet nuts and tools. They have some kits with tools and assortments of different styles, materials, and sizes of the nuts. Summit and Amazon among others have several kits listed, as well as individual pieces. For me one of their kits was the best value out there.

Also check out the rivet nuts listings at McMaster-Carr. They have just about every brand and style on the market.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Geoff, I have a Marsden mod# RN-1 for the smaller lighter duty Rivinuts, it's like a poprivet tool design and a Astro mod# 1442 for the larger nuts and is a lever design this one gives better leverage but will have space limitations. I also had to buy some of the other adapters for standard sizes for the the tools. There's a lot of Metric sizes included which I don't really plan on using. These were sold as Kits with the plastic caring case and came with a small assortment of rivnuts, but you can buy just the tool. Some guys have bought just the setters, which look like a screw with a nut to collapse the rivinut. Amazon sells all of these, and that's who I bought them from, but so does Hanson Rivet, McMaster Carr, and Grainger. I ended up buying a bunch of, steal and S/S rivinuts in the sizes that I think I'll use most often, and then I bought a Stanley organizer to keep them separated. For what little I've used it so far, it did what I wanted and don't feel like I wasted my money. I will be using it again coming up. I hope this helps.
Kruz

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
I've bought rivnuts from mcmaster carr and also Amazon. If you have Amazon Prime, you can avoid separate shipping charges for small orders...

·
Registered
65,811 Posts
can take a look on eBay for a start and see how you like them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts