Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Storm is home yet we decided to take a trip down to Batavia, IL to see how john (Father and Son) is coming on his 57 project. I guess there's a festival and car today also.

Should be fun.

·
Registered
67,745 Posts
have a safe and fun trip. :tu

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
I met Father and Son in Maggie Valley and brought them a seat bottom for their 57. 2 super nice guys and I really enjoyed talking with them. I always enjoy seeing young people take an interest in classic cars.

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a long day for most of my family. None of them ever get up at 6 am except me. The trip down was filled with 45 mph highway speeds as it was construction season in IL. ALL THE WAY THERE.

Once we got there we met up with Mike and John and there house guest Roberto form Germany. They were just starting the door pin and bushing replacements on the passenger side.

As we were talking their friend with the body shop stopped in and we all went over a few things that needed attention.

Then we were of to the car show at Moose Heart. I'm familiar with Moose Heart because My Cub scout Pack uses the Local Moose club for meetings and we do some charity work to help Moose Heart.

Met some of the local friends and talked some great stories.

The it was back to Mike and Johns for Dinner. A Wisconsin favorite " Brats" on the grill. Mike knew of a family joint that makes fresh bratwurst every day, so he and I took the 63 split window down the road to pick up a lot of brats. Did I mention I love old cars.

Anyway we cooked up the brats and had some other fixins till we were all full. A few more stories and suddenly it was time for us to hit the road to get back home. This time we took an alternate route. No construction, but a couple small towns to travel through.

I took a couple pics ,but will have to post them later. We area on our way to a show in Delevan, WI.

·
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking through my pics, I see I didn't take the camera out much while we were down by Mike and John. I got a couple shots while we at the car show.

We didn't bother putting the big O in the show as it was way to dirty and full of bugs form all the driving lately.

Here are two of the things I liked most at the show

this is the graphic under the GTO called "Irish eyes"

Today I took a lot more pics at Lake Lawn resort's show Here are just some of the tri fives that were there.

Stuffed with a cross ram 454.

This one isn't a tri five but is a beautiful 58 Pontiac Starchief

Storm's trivia question for the day.

What is that?

I knew right away, and the owner of the car was going to give her an education about what it was for.

And the mascot for the car

That was about it for the tri fives.

I heard there were approximately 700 cars in attendance for Lake Lawn resort. A pretty good turn out for any show.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
What's It

Storm's question is a traffic light viewer. Back in that era many towns only had the traffic lights hanging over the centr of the intersections. This piece let you see the color without craining your neck to see it. Very few small towns had the lights on poles until they were replaced in the late 60's or early 70's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts