Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife & I took the 55 out for a 100+ mile drive today. Weather was nice & took roads less traveled. We stopped for lunch and more times than not we get into a conversation with people that had a car "just like it". This time it was funny, this older gal asked what year it was, I told her 55, she goes on that she had a 57 4 door and mine was only a two door! :) So after we ate we went out to the car to find another older couple checking it out. After several questions the gal says "that's nice, but there's nothing better than a Mustang". I asked if she had one? "Not any more, I wrecked it in California, and was nearly killed." After all that, we limped on home in our "lowly 2 door non-Mustang" and enjoyed every mile!! :) I hope you all had a great Labor Day!

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
sounds like a nice day with your honey will, thanks for sharing. :tu .............. hint :pics-1:

7,082 Posts
My kind of day. What you just described is Exactly why I spent 30 yrs building mine. Folks love to talk about them. Congratulations :tu :bowtier:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Great times. We have to be thankful we're wired this way. You had the perfect day. :blowtiedb:

7,082 Posts
Hey Will. Noticed the references to the "Older Gal" and the "Older Couple" and your and your lady are blessed. Me, I can relate. :sign0020::sign0020::sign0020::sign0020: :shakehands: :tu :bowtier:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Great way to spend Labour Day Will....hope to do it myself soon:)

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Great day for a drive! Great windows down weather! I drove the Eldorado with the top down and it was a spectacular day!

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time in the missing 2 doors non mustang 55...:sign0020:

The wife and kid went out of town to a family camping spot in Portola CA. (about a hours drive away from Truckee), i on the other hand had to stay home to remove the piece of junk fireplace insert that was over 20 years old and installed a nice PAPA bear wood burning stove into our house on Saturday.

After braking my back and muscling that cast iron stove around all day Saturday, Sunday i decide to take the day off and venture down to Reno for the rib cook off, i could not even park the 57 within 6 city blocks of the cook off, so i told them all to pound sand :), and headed out to Portola to give my wife and son a nice surprise visit. So i drove the 1 hour trip into Portola from Reno stopping along the way at a Frosty shop, ordered a Double Cheese Burger with french fries, and the Largest Strawberry shake they had :eating:

Of course being labor day week end, the place was packed to the gills, and i had a hard time eating my lunch with all the people that wanted to come up and talk about Ole" Bess, I know, what a ruff problem to have :sign0020:

After lunch i gave my wife & son a nice 3 hour surprise visit, then ventured back home to Truckee on Hwy 89 north which is beautiful but windy mountain road.

I cant express how much i enjoyed the short but fun road trip on Saturday, it is just amazing how a 56 year old car can calm me down, make me stop and smell the roses, and can bring me SO MUCH JOY in my life!!! :tu

I hope everybody had a great Labor Day week end :shakehands:

Rick

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Will. Noticed the references to the "Older Gal" and the "Older Couple" and your and your lady are blessed. Me, I can relate. :sign0020::sign0020::sign0020::sign0020: :shakehands: :tu :bowtier:
Lloyd, I thought about that too when I was typing it. I was thinking maybe I should not use "older", after all I'm no youngster myself (58). Maybe a day cruising in the 55 maid me feel younger! :)

7,082 Posts
I make the same comments all the time and I are one. :sign0020: I firmly believe the smiley miles add quality time to mine. The folks you spoke of really liked your car and enjoyed the exchange. Makin Memories. :tu :bowtier:

Maybe a day cruising in the 55 maid me feel younger! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts