Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be going to Statesville, N.C. before the end of the month to pick up my granddaughters. About 900 miles each way. I get about 12 mpg with my truck. That will give the budget a crunch.
Dave

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'd say you should "take it easy" "arrive alive" etc etc....keep in mind that the road trip is the adventure, the destination is the end of the adventure!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am figuring that it will be the weekend of the 20,21,22 of October. We'll leave here Friday afternoon to get there early Saturday morning. Catch a couple of hour ZZZZ's, get the kids and thier stuff loaded up and head back here. Got to get them back into school ASAP.
Dave

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Have a safe trip and beep the horn as you pass through Va. so I'll know it's you...

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
On a clear day when the leaves have fallen off the trees I can see the I 81 I 77 intersection form here...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That's more my speed rather than driving into the wee hours of the morning!

When I was in my 20s I used to drive to NW Arkansas to visit my parents (they retired there from Wisco), it was about a 12 hour trip, mostly on 2-lane highways, and I'd leave in the late afternoon or early evening and drive all night -- I can't handle that any more! Must be gettin' old!

Although I'm still known to make it straight through from Wisco to South Florida in about 22 hours - now that's really stupid!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
dseale4888 said:
I'm thinking on leaving here early Friday morning so I'll probably be near there around 5 or 6 PM.
Dave
Then only an hour and a half till you can rest.... :)
Those road trips wear me out, my last one was to Orlando to see Mickey Mouse... Shared the drive down but drove all the way back myself...

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been thinking(smell the wood burning?) That I may leave here about 3 or 4 A.M. so that I can miss the traffic in Hartford Conn. and New York. Then it should be clear cruising. Don't know when we'll leave Saturday heading home. I'd like to be home so I can rest up Sunday.
Dave

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Well then I guess you need that Sunday rest thing, too!!!! Some days I just feel older than other days....today is one of those days. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.