Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
They're not. That is not a trifive chassis, but it sure is beautiful.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your welcome guys...

Their website says one of the projects is a 'Speed33'. That's an improved brand new '33 Ford roadster shell. A friend of mine is having one built at a different shop.

Roadster Shop said they are behind on posting pics.

So that's all I have on the '55 for now.(I wasn't able to save the pics their website has of the '55 project.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Now that we are further along and finished up on the Chevy I will bring you guys up to date. As mentioned above, the chassis shown in the picture above is for a 33 Ford all-steel body built by American Speed Company. They are a beautiful body to work with.

The Chevy was brought in as a mild build where we would update the chassis and suspension along with a few other minor upgrades while leaving the interior, motor and trans, and exterior in the same condition. We also did get into some rust repair in the pans.

We build the tri-five chassis in two different styles. We have the Fast Track version and the new Revo. The Chevy pictured above was put on one of our Revo Chassis. The Fast Track is a more aggressive suspension design than the Revo however with the modern geometry engineered into the Revo it is no slouch by any means.

Here is the Revo Chassis. The new Revo suspension is a completely new design that we engineered to replace the dated mustang II type suspensions under full-fender cars and trucks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here are some photos of where the pans were repaired, painted and getting ready to install on the new chassis.

And of coarse the car now sitting at home on her new chassis after paint and assembly.

If you look close towards the rear of the front crossmember you will see one of the unique design aspects of the suspension. The front splined sway bar is built into the front crossmember for nice and tight packaging and connects to the control arm via Corvette endlinks to retain positive engagement with the control arm.

Here is a good view of the lower eccentric alignment cams where you set the alignment. No more crawling into the inner fender well or alignment shims. Its a piece of cake.

And just another good clean under-view shot.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.