Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 56 wagon , stock 265 automatici was thinking about putting in a carb kit but cant find a # on carb, i didnt want to take carb off till i have kit .. where on the carb would the # be ? starts and runs ok maybe i should leave well enough alone ?

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
I have 3 Roch, 2 Jets off an 57 Olds J-2 on my 56 those kits in Borg Warner are pretty universal you should be ok getting one by application. My center carb had a metal tag with number, those are easily lost.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
on my 56 wagon , stock 265 automatici was thinking about putting in a carb kit but cant find a # on carb, i didnt want to take carb off till i have kit .. where on the carb would the # be ? starts and runs ok maybe i should leave well enough alone ?
The carb number should be 7008388 as shown on the AIM sheet http://www.trifive.com/garage/56%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/221-8.gif
You will find that the rebuild kits are very generic, you will have as many gaskets left over than you will use, so be careful which ones you use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.