Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought my stock front drums that were still rivited to the hubs to my FE guy to get turned yesterday....To my surprise they were within limits and could be safely turned....He made a suggestion that I swap over to roller bearings....I told him I would as soon as I got some 61 to 68 hubs....He said he remembered that there were roller bearings that fit these stock hubs.:confused0006:

I'm thinking I may have heard at the site here that there were a roller bearings that could be used with a stock hub....Anyone else remember or have any info on this?

·
50,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP UP :tu

·
Registered
36,146 Posts
Do a search, it's been discussed several times.

You have 2 potential problems going this route.

1. Finding those bearings in stock somewhere.
2. If you find them, the price will likely be pretty high.

To me it's far better to switch to the 61-68 hubs/bearings/seals. If you can find a set of hubs, the new bearings are dirt cheap compared to the stock ball bearings or the special rollers that fit the stock hubs.

Try Ebay, Craigslist, vintage salvage yards. Those hubs are out there. If you are patient, you'll come out better.

Of course even better is a proper disc brake conversion.

·
50,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Did a search.....Found a thread with the info that I was looking for :) http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44995&highlight=roller+bearings&page=3 Will check into the prices now to see if its worth while till I go to disc brakes.....Here are the numbers, if anyone else is interesred.

Seal: Stock

Inner Taper Bearing: LM67046
Inner Bearing Race: LM67017

Outer Taper Bearing: LM11949
Outer Bearing Race: LM11916

Spindle Washer: Stock
Spindle Nut: Stock
Cotter Key: Stock
Dust Cover: Stock

·
50,399 Posts