Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nothing hurts more the letting a body man have your car and then he makes it worst then what it was before he got it. The roof deck had been oil canned and his fix was to pick the **** out of it and when that didn't work he just try to cover it up with body filler.:eek: Now I'd like to replace the roof deck but I don't know were to look for one. It's a 2 door sedan Belair. I'm also looking for rear quarters. I have talked to danchuk and resteration world and they will have them in next month so I waited 2 months and call and they don't have them yet but will be until next month.... I have mixed emotions about cutting up a tri-five but I'm looking it as a donor mentality and both car will live threw one.

·
Premium Member
16,644 Posts
I have a very nice (straight & rot free) sedan roof here in MA near Boston I will sell cheap. It is cut off at the posts. If you can figure out how to get it to where you are in MN you are in luck. It is off a 4dr sedan but the skin is identical to the 2dr sedan skin and that is all you will be getting with the repro roof you mention. PM me for more details if you are interested.

-Bruce

·
12,256 Posts
Are you sure the roof can't be metal-worked by someone who knows what he's doing? If not, I would replace the roof by cutting the posts, if you can find a roof from a 2-door. I know where there are some cut-up 2-door sedans locally but the place has been shut down for a while.

I thought I saw where someone used a 4-door sedan roof and modified it slightly to use on a 2-door sedan. I'm pretty sure there was a post about it here in TriFive. I also have a very solid 4-door sedan roof that I would sell if that's closer to you....it's still on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.