Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received Eckler's new catalog today. I found a new product inside that I'm pretty excited about. They sell a set of three roof support braces; rear window opening brace, center brace with dome light bracket and the windshield opening/sunvisor area brace.

I need the front brace, but not the other two. In fact, the other two really won't work for my BelAir because of the location of the domelight.

I'm wondering if there's any source for JUST the front brace? And if not, any chance any of you need the center or rear brace? I'd be willing to buy the set of three just to get at the front, and then work out a deal on the other two.

Jay

·
Premium Member
15,243 Posts
Hi Jay, I'm not sure what model they are offering braces for but keep in mind the braces are different for hardtop than what is in the sedan (post) car. :)

-Bruce

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,373 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
The front brace in my '55 sedan was rusted out in the area where the mirror bolts on. I cut a piece out of a '56 hardtop to make a patch panel. The stampings are similar in the mirror area but they are definitely very diferent as you move towards the locations where the sunvisors mount. I think these braces are only for hardtops.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts