Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where or how I can obtain the rubber/vinyl mats that were used as carpeting in 210's ? My car is all orginal, so it has the original 'green' rubber 2-piece mat instead of carpeting. It has too many little cracks and holes in it to re-use, and as the car is 100% original, I am reluctant to put carpet in instead.

Thanks.

JJ

·
Administrator
49,708 Posts
Welcome to Tri Five JJ. I`m not sure but i read the other day that all the rubber mats can be found in is black. I have a supplier for carpet sets and rubber mats and all they offer in the mats is black.
Terry

·
Registered
68,433 Posts
hi jj and welcome! danchuk has accessory floor mats. might be able to use them ;). good luck :tu

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Already discussed, follow this thread:

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14992

Anyone found supplier?

Francois

Since I work in carpet business... How thick is the product ? Will this do the job ??? Have a look at this site for 3/8 thick sponge matting pebble rubber called Confort King... or else thinner 1/8 Runners. Mattech is Canadian & Crown Of Ludlow USA Mfg.
http://www.mattech.ca/eng/products/industrial/index.html
http://www.crown-mats.com/runners.html

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Ray the floor mat he is needing will need to be heat molded or formed to fit all the bumps and curves. The rubber mat should be about 3/16" thick.
Terry
Actually, 1/8 thick is available but they will sell only flat or roll & Stock carpet are flat with cutout for tunnel clearance no heat form...

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Green mats are nicer than black mats.

·
Senior Member 1 Silver Star Chat Room Moderator
1,418 Posts
Has anyone compared the rubber mats to see which one appears to be better?

BUDDii

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The mats were in colors, mine is Dark Green, still have it

BTW,

The mats did come matching the interior color, mine is dark green, my car is all original, NOTHING is new, and the mat I took out is dark green, with no emblems in it. It does have a pile like that of a carpet, probably meant to look like a carpet (raised bumps the size and shape of loop pile car carpet!)

Anyway, my 54 year old mat is sun dried and fell apart in the car, since I am restoring to complete original, I would like to replace the rubber mat.

I will check out this east coast chevy.

thanks

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW - they were colored and they weren't chevy emblems

BTW,

The mats did come matching the interior color, mine is dark green, my car is all original, NOTHING is new, and the mat I took out is dark green, with no emblems in it. It does have a pile like that of a carpet, probably meant to look like a carpet (raised bumps the size and shape of loop pile car carpet!)

Anyway, my 54 year old mat is sun dried and fell apart in the car, since I am restoring to complete original, I would like to replace the rubber mat.

I will check out this east coast chevy.

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi John:

Did you ever find the green rubber floor mat for your 57 210? I have a 57 210 wagon that is totally original and I too would like to find a replacement for the crusty old green rubber floor mat. Any luck? All I have found so far is black.

Thanks!

Mike

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Full compartment mats

The only source I found that had the full rubber mats was Volunteer Classic Chevy parts, the company that the late Don Trivett owned. Don had a huge supply of NOS parts, then became a dealer and supplier of hard to find parts. The full-floor mats are only available in black, you may be able to dye them. The original covering had what looked like small bow tie emblems, and the replacement has sort of a "crinkly" appearence. I think he had them made in Crossville TN. They do cover from firewall to under rear seat, and from sill to sill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks VB55Burt. I'll give them a shout. Here is a sample of what's left of my floor covering. I believe this to be the original material in the car. The construction is jute, covered with a thick layer of black rubber and a final thin membrane of green rubber embossed over top. The green picks up the texture of the black layer and allows some of the black color to come through as well. Not sure about any bowties, as the material is worn through to the floor boards on driver and pass sides.

URL=http://img18.imageshack.us/i/57210wagonflooringsampl.jpg/]
[/URL]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts