Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Ran into a small glitch on the Nomad. Had a noise that sounded like popcorn popping and couldn't find it till now. We had replaced the floor pans and the floor seam that hangs down where the floors meet is sitting right on top of the transmission. It's a section about 6-8 inches and it's right at the round top part of the 700R4. It's gonna be a real PITA to take out the tranny and hammer the lip down. I was thinking of cutting a small slot for relief and welding up a piece over it to cover it all back up. I'm just wondering if I will compromise anything if I do this. I would think not but I wanted to get an opinion from the collective. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Alex

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
There is an inspection panel on the tunnel inside the car, would that help.

Could you get a bar or make something up to give it the clearance you need.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that with several bars. Space is an issue in getting good leverage. Second problem is that this is double walled and it runs all across the hump so you really need some good hits to bend it. That's why I figured a cut would be easier. Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope tried it already. I took a chance today and cut out a section using the inspection cover to see how far to go. It worked!! Noise is gone and I'm just gonna weld a couple of plates to cover. Thanks.

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts