Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Their is a hole rusted through in the drivers side floor panel about the size of credit card. What should i do? Should i patch it or would it be easier to replace the whole front left floor panel? I'll post a picture in a couple days if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Well sir if it was me I would remove all the seats and do a close inspection of the entire floor. At the least I would replace the floors pans in the area you now have the hole.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

Should i replace both floor pans?
I think Mike has the right idea. Get the seats out and have a look around. Also underneath. I'm guessing you'll find a lot more rust. That way you can assess the rust issues and decide on any plan of attack. I doubt you'll able to just change the floor pans once you see the extent of the rust damage.

Let us know what you find!

Gary

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
If for some reason that is the only rust, then yes, just weld a small patch. But, where there is some, you usually find more, or at least thin spots that are weak and will go soon. If that's the case, it's hard to weld to rust or thin metal without blowing through and causing more holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts