Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
i cant even express how sick to my stomach over HIS 57 I am, let alone trying to Imagine that could be my 57 in the pick :(

Rick

·
RIP: 2/16/2019
4,144 Posts
Lucky for him it wasn't the driver side. What a shame that beautiful sport sedan was crashed by a careless driver. It could happen to any one of us.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Sorry to see that, but just part of the risk we have to live with. At least he wasn't physically hurt, and in the end, that's all that counts!

This is the only reason I would deviate from true stock when doing a restoration...our safety while driving!!!

I really like that dark red color on that '57...what is that...like a candy Cherry?

·
Registered
83 Posts
at least he didn't have much on it....
" Seber did a complete off-frame restoration of the Bel Air, putting about $4,000 into it." ....Duh :hmmmm2:

·
Administrator
49,484 Posts
at least he didn't have much on it....
" Seber did a complete off-frame restoration of the Bel Air, putting about $4,000 into it." ....Duh
If you will read the story that was the first rebuild back in 1984. He had a lot more than that in it this time i promise you.
That is my worst nightmare when driving my 57. That is also why i watch the traffic around me closely. I have been accused of being stuck up when driving my car but really it is because i try to concentrate on everything around me.
Terry

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
good insurance is must, very sad.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
9news tv out of Denver had a video of the car and the owner. Too say he was pissed off is putting it mildly. Hit by a damn cell phone driver paying more attention to the conversation than the road. It was very sad to see, it looked like a very beautiful restoration.

http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=347813

·
Registered
228 Posts
This is very, very sad and i so feel for the gentleman and his 'Baby'.
Here in Alberta we have a distracted driving law were caught driving & using a cell phone will get you a stiff fine. They say that driving while using a cell is like being alcohol/drug impared and yet we still see so many breaking this law. I say, started adding 6 demerit points to your license when caught and after a while you will loose your privleges. So many innocent people have been killed around here from the other driver crossing the center line or running a red light or stop sign. Things have to change that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Negligence, pure Negligence! I hope he gets his 57 fixed.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I don't know. I don't see it as sad like you guys.

It's just material. The most important thing in our lives is health. Without it, absolutely nothing else matters.

Yes I put lots of love into my projects. But if one gets damaged out of my control, then so-be-it. Pick up the pieces and move on.

That said, if a family heirloom is lost, then that is the most sad type of material loss. But dwelling on it doesn't do any good. Health is the main issue.

·
Administrator
49,484 Posts
Good thing it was a 4 door at least!
I disagree with your statement. No matter what body style it is, most owners take great pride in their rides. That statement is disrespectful to me.
Terry

1 - 20 of 47 Posts