Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Guys,
I am in Australia and I was wondering if I could get some advice from you, I have a 57 2 door HT/Pillarless Belair with a 350 CMJ block, standard straight plug heads and a turbo 700 trans, I know that this question has probably been asked dozens of times however if I could get some advice that would be great, I have read some posts but I haven't seen anything definitive for my combo, I am after a set of Headers that will fit with a 600 Series Power Steering box with a 3" 4 into 1 collector. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated, I don't want to have to modify, full length would be preferable however will consider shorties if the pro's of those outweigh the cons of the full length for clearance etc. I also have the XXXX487 pitman arm.

I am replacing the steering box to power steering and will be putting a floor shift Collapsable column in so gear linkages clearance should not be a problem.

Thanks in advance & g'day from Oz.

cheers Justin

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
G'day Guys,
I am in Australia and I was wondering if I could get some advice from you, I have a 57 2 door HT/Pillarless Belair with a 350 CMJ block, standard straight plug heads and a turbo 700 trans, I know that this question has probably been asked dozens of times however if I could get some advice that would be great, I have read some posts but I haven't seen anything definitive for my combo, I am after a set of Headers that will fit with a 600 Series Power Steering box with a 3" 4 into 1 collector. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated, I don't want to have to modify, full length would be preferable however will consider shorties if the pro's of those outweigh the cons of the full length for clearance etc. I also have the XXXX487 pitman arm.

I am replacing the steering box to power steering and will be putting a floor shift Collapsable column in so gear linkages clearance should not be a problem.

Thanks in advance & g'day from Oz.

cheers Justin
Hi,
i used Sanderson block hugger headers..chrome finish or stainless and they hug the block close. They are not full length headers and that's where you get into trouble with clearance on power steering boxes...at least that is what i found...I have lot's of room to remove the box and have several times and reinstalled it....Hope that helps.
:shakehands::gba:bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
like mike said, huggers are a safe bet. you could try the search option above, lots of posts on this. :anim_25:

·
Registered
37,241 Posts
That ad doesn't even say what car the headers (allegedly) fit. Nor does it have a brand name or model number that would let you seek out that information.

I would stay far, far away.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Your a Gambling Man.
You sure they even fit a Trifive.
Those look like the build for something with oxygen sensor .

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/z/FN8AAOxyA9dSWOgI/$(KGrHqQOKnEE7D8TqIgvBSWOgIJQrg~~60_57.JPG
I can almost guarantee that this will not fit your car. If it does on the motor, it won't clear the pump you have...you are taking a gamble...better think twice and take the advise of those who have done this swap...You said something of a sure bet...this is a roll of the dice....you know what you get sometimes...snake eyes...
:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
They look nice! Are you staying with LHD? I couldn't see any reference in your posts. Most headers are set up for LHD, so lots have had problems!

Glad to hear it all fits. Put up some pics mate!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah sticking with LHD, just working out how to post pics in here and will put some up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts