Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

My setup is a modified stock automatic column mated to a TH350, I have done the modification to the steering column as per instructions for the Safety Neutral Switch. My question is, will a Safety Neutral Switch for a turboglide work for me or do I need a special Safety Neutral Switch for this application.:confused0006::confused0006:

Also I purchased a Lokar linkage kit (ACA-1800) and I am wondering if there is enough room to run the rod straight to the transmission or do I have to bend the rod. My car still has the original transmission horns on the frame and it looks awfully tight to run the rod above these frame horns to the transmission. Do not want to unpackage the linkage in case I have to return it.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello All:

My setup is a modified stock automatic column mated to a TH350, I have done the modification to the steering column as per instructions for the Safety Neutral Switch. My question is, will a Safety Neutral Switch for a turboglide work for me or do I need a special Safety Neutral Switch for this application.:confused0006::confused0006:

Also I purchased a Lokar linkage kit (ACA-1800) and I am wondering if there is enough room to run the rod straight to the transmission or do I have to bend the rod. My car still has the original transmission horns on the frame and it looks awfully tight to run the rod above these frame horns to the transmission. Do not want to unpackage the linkage in case I have to return it.

Thanks in advance,
Hello All: Went to my favorite parts store,picked up a Safety Neutral Switch for a 1957 turbo-glide, mounted it tonight seems to work fine, need to work on the linkage to make more movement and lineup the indicator needle and get all forward gears but I think it is going to work fine,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts