Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i left my house at 10:00 am going to summit for the wounded warriorcar show i live 15 miles from there and i did not get there until around 3:00 pm here is a great lesson learned while pulling away from stop light i heard a crunch and a bang the guy behind me holered stop dont move you have 5 lug thestreet tire was just sitting there i got it to a garage the out come was the guy in got the car from had some body put the aftermarket wheels on with studs not long enough for the thickness of the flang on the wheel thus using an impact to tighten the lugs down real tight streching the studs and low and behold they gave out snapping all 5 of. so if you put on aftermarket wheels check thickness of flang and if needed get longer studs i was very lucky no damage to car was only moving around 5mpr if faster goodbye rear qtr panel i only have a long groove on back side of wheel there is a tri-5 god somewhere be careful and be safe :p3::anim_25::gba:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.