Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance one of you is running a sag 4 speed with a bench seat hurst shifter that has their trans tunnel exposed. When east coast chevy fixed my floorboards, they cut me a slot for the shifter that is long enough to r and r the trans without having to disassemble the shifter. My 57 does not have it's motor back in yet and I am working on the interior. I dont want to use a super boot so want to make up a small plate to cover the slot up a little bit and to locate the shifter boot in the right place. Was wondering if anyone could take some measurements of where the stick is located.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
You need to put your shifter in and see how much space is used shifting gears, then make your plate according to that.... :anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Premium Member
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have the luxury of time to wait so I was hoping someone could ball park me some measurements. Have a son coming home on leave from the military who I have not seen in a little while. He has been asking me to teach him how to drive the 57. Would like to make thatvhappen this year so putting the car back together as quickly as I can, won't have my block back from the machine shop for another week or so and want to finish what parts of the interior I can. I would be grateful for any help with measurements.

·
Registered
37,246 Posts
Sorry, this is really not something you can get dimensions over the internet for and have it come out right.

Just wait until the engine and trans is in the car. It won't take an hour to do what's needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts