Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running Sanderson fender well headers? I want to put them on my 56'. Has stock steering, and CPP power disc brakes, sbc, and a 4spd. Sanderson says there will be no problem with fitment.

Jake

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not running any Sanderson Headers yet but I'm a little concerned about the headers with no gasket just some "Permatex" instead, just doesn't seem right without a header gasket in place. Just my opinion

·
RIP: 12-31-2011
2,893 Posts
I'm running sanderson block huggers on my model A. I ended up using gaskets.
The hazmatguy is running sandersons on his 55. I know he had some problems with them.

I'm using Hookers on my 57. They fit great. Good luck!
Rick

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hazmat is a real perfectionist (which is not a dig against him). Reading his post on his headers they fit with no problems except where they came out in the wheel well each side came out at a slightly different angle. I could easily live with the exit angle difference as long as the headers cleared things like steering, frame, brakes etc... Seems all the headers for fenderwells exit at slightly different angle (even Hookers). But Hazmat had a friend heat them up and bent them so the exit angle was the same or at the very least really close (course I am speaking from my own knowledge and what I read, I am sure he will see ur post and respond).
As far as no gaskets needed.. I had a set on my 53 Belair and I also used header gaskets as I felt better using them than gasket material like permatex.. Lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as they fit and clear everything the rest is minor details!! My father swears by hi temp permatex for headers. He's used it on several projects and has ha no issues.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've got Hookers on my 5, no probs at all. Don't know much about the Sanderson's. I heard there were quality issues with them but not sure what style that applied to. That was a year or so ago. Good luck with them and hope they don't fight you too much. Where 'bouts you located in Jersey?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts