Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a non-trifive post... but I think still could be of interest to the forum.

We have a 2000 Chevy Blazer 4X4 V6. The fuel pump (in tank) is starting to act up. I decided to change this out myself and save some dough. I like to look around (on-line) at several of the different typical parts suppliers before making this sort of purchase. I even looked on YouTube for some pointers as to doing the job.. one of the video's mentioned Amazon, so, I did some looking there. Boy was I surprised at the savings! Same part # (Airtec E3992M) was 1/2 the price as the local parts stores, with FREE shipping.

I placed my order today for that pump new retaining ring, fuel line clips, and filter. I have no problem waiting a week. This is real money!

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
I have the Prime membership at Amazon and purchase something thru there almost every week. Not only free shipping that way but if it is a Prime item I get it in two days free. I pay $80 a year for it but I for sure have saved much more than that in shipping.

I always check Amazon for whatever I am looking for. :tu

Don

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,007 Posts
Amazon is great, I got Prime as well. Free two day shipping on most items. It really saves money. Don't have to deal with the parts counter dopes either. The $80 will pay for itself pretty quick if you buy alt of parts.

Plus you can stream free movies and TVs with Prime.

·
Registered
67,768 Posts
it does pay to shop around.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I usually will find the part number for what I need on Rockauto then, buy on amazon. The price is typically the same but shipping is free on Amazon. So its a win.
This is exactly what I did a couple months ago. My wife's jeep had the electric fan seize up. I think I saved about 150 bucks under what the local NAPA store wanted for a new fan/shroud assembly.:tu

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
I use Amazon Prime quite extensively, and save a bunch on shipping. I have never failed to receive a package before the expected delivery date. Nearly every time I save 1/3 to 1/2. Plus I use Amazon on my Kindle and Ipad to get books from friends, doesn't cost a dime. Even when I don't use Amazon, I use my Amazon credit card to build points for free stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,927 Posts
"Shipping and Handling" fees are the big Internet shopping equalizer. I just recently bought a Ram Jet 350 from Jegs, who not only had the lowest price, but with free shipping and handling too! What's not to like about that?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I just replaced the pump on wife 2000 blazer

2 wd, prepare to have fun getting lock ring on and sealed, you might want 4 hands, as pump is spring loaded,
I did it with tank partially in the car, just lowered down, on an angle,
was on my rack, took couple hrs.
don't forget to remove filler neck surround, (or what ever you call it)
good luck!

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,007 Posts
"Shipping and Handling" fees are the big Internet shopping equalizer. I just recently bought a Ram Jet 350 from Jegs, who not only had the lowest price, but with free shipping and handling too! What's not to like about that?
I am sure you submitted the sales tax on it to the state of AR right? wink wink :sign0020:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts