Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
My name is Eldon and I hopefully will be getting a '55 4dr in the next year or less. I am looking to bring one back from the grave and turn it into a quasi-daily driver. As for me, I am a grad student at Auburn University in the Aerospace Engineering department. Married, no kids, only two huge cats. I hope to be able to get alot of info from you guys about the cars and I hope you can put up with me pestering you all with about a billion questions. My previous restorations have been 2 1964 Impalas (1 2dr, 1 4dr sedan) and a 1965 Mustang. Hope to chat more with you all!
Eldon

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Eldon, welcome to the site and hope you find the car you are looking for. There is a lot of experience with tri-fives on here so someone should be able to help. Personally i`ve owned my 57 for nearly 28 years.
Terry

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I have my eye on a couple of prospects (one of them a 1955 4dr for $400) that would get me back in the hobby. I have been away for too long. Does anyone here have a '55 4dr in the East Alabama/West Georiga area?
Eldon

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed! I am sitting here in my office where I dash the hope of young undergrads as I viciously grade their homework. I am a Grad Teaching Assistant in the Aerospace Engineering department. Anyone watching the game on Saturday?? Auburn vs. LSU on CBS, 2:30pm Central. It is bound to be a slugfest!!! War Eagle!!!! Go Auburn!!!
Eldon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since the Buckeyes are not on in my area, I'll probably watch Auburn. I don't know, Notre Dame is playing that team up north on NBC at the same time. I'm going to have to TIVO one of them.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhh... I wish I had TiVo... the MRS. refuses to get it. She said she would spend her life watching all of the murder mystery shows on A&E. Any thoughts on the West Virginia game?
Eldon

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm probably wrong. I like West Virginia in an easy win. West Virginia is pretty tough this year. I would not be surprised if they win The Big East.
My wife loves TIVO, now that she does not have to watch as much baseball and college football.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I have to say that I work with some die-hard WV fans and they are already lamenting the upcoming loss to Maryland. Apparently this is an expected loss. I think I am going to sneak TiVo in the house... I have a TV in the garage I can set it up on.. :D
Eldon

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Getting ready to watch the Auburn game.....should get me in the mood for the upcoming Husker/(U) niversity (S) poiled (C) hildren game! JUST KIDDING....I have a lot of respect for the Trojan program!This will be a good measuring stick of the progress made under the Bill Callahan era.I am a lifetime Husker fan/Season ticket holder.....sure wish I was in So-Cal tonight!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh... I am watching the game right now with a steak and baked potato in front of me. I must say this is starting to be a pure defense game! War Eagle!!!
Eldon

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks sg!

The '55 4dr sedan I was looking at buying is gone now (from the place in Wyoming that was mentioned on another thread, stock#310) so I am looing for a '55 4dr sedan for cheap. Just as long as it has a title, frame, and a complete (all panels and doors) body. Anyone out there with a parts car looking to get rid of it in Alabama or Georgia? (I have $400-$500 burning a hole in my pocket)
Thanks!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I saw those earlier, but still a little out of my price range (<$600) and out of my driving range. I need to be able to pick this up and drive home on a weekend.

I sure appreciate you looking for me chevman! I am new to searching for cars so I need some help from time to time.

Does anyone have a stripped donor car that has just the frame and body? If it was within 100 miles of Auburn, Alabama I would come pick it up from you for free! :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, Hello, and all that jazz!

Hi, I am a new member here. I am the proud owner of a 57' Belair 4dr sedan all stock original, adobe beige over sierra gold that I have owned since 1971.:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.