Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking over the site for a while now but didn't want to join up till I had confirmation on my 55. She's supposed to be at the shop this weekend and the rebuild will start. Got a 2 door post, 4 year's ago she was a daily driver so the car is in real good shape, supposed to be completely rust free but a real careful inspection will verify.
Been waiting 20 year's for a 55 so I'll most likely be asking ton's of question's if you all don't mind. I'll also put up some pic's when she comes in.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Welcome to Trifive! Ask any question you may have. Someone here can either answer it, or get you an answer. I wise man doesn't necessarily know everything, but rather knows how to find out.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Boy, sounds like you have yourself one 'ready to drive' car! Sometimes I get jealous real easy! Show us some photos when you get a chance.

I keep saying that my next car will be a 55....we'll see!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's for the welcome everybody. I'm real happy to finally be able to join up with so many tri-5 lover's.
I do have a build in mind already, but don't forget, I'm in my mid 30's so some purist's may be a bit disgruntled, but, the body will stay as close to stock as I can get except for the paint which will be dark grey to gunmetal grey on the main body with linen white as the accent on the roof and upper 1/4. The interior right now is black tuck and roll, plans are for dark grey and black with modified Honda Civic seat's ( I think) which will give me low back bucket's that are comfortable and unobtrusive. The factory gauge's will stay, I can't get rid of those, but extra gauge's will be added to monitor the engine. The engine for now will be a small block but a rat is in the plan's ASAP. 700r4 trans for the long ride's. Like I said earlier, I've waited 20 year's for a 55 and actually tried to buy this exact one 3 1/2 year's ago, but after shaking on a deal with the owner he turned around and sold her to a friend of mine without letting him know of the deal. But thing's turned in my favor an I've got her now!!!:D And photo's will come when she arrive's, promise

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I don't think you'll have to worry about any disgruntled purists -- seems like most of us, purists and non-purists, understand that the car is yours and you can do what you want to it -- EXCEPT PART IT OUT OR DESTROY IT! And even that's up for debate! Sounds like you have a great plan for this car, can't wait to see it!

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
You want hear any gripes from me. Mine is going to look stock even the engine bay will look somewhat stock but i`m running a TBI system on it. And it will have eagle talon buckets with a custom built console. So not really stock,Terry.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guy's may have to give me some pointer's on the center console, I've thought seriously about adding one too.

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
I personally am going to build my own console. I plan to build it so it forms to the lower part of the dash. I can see it in my mind but is hard to describe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda thinking along the same line's but built out of wood to get the contour's right then overlaid with fiberglass to get the proper finish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Center Console

Hi, and Welcome to a fabulous board site. I just thought you might like to see my center console for an idea. Click on my member name. My console has gages, tach, light switches and power window buttons.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! The shape is just about what I had planned but a little more rounded. Your's follow's the interior shape perfectly. Hope I can build one to compare:D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
CLSSY56 said:
Welcome! My peronal opinion on center consoles.... I hate them in any car. Always hits my leg wrong.
I don't like 'em either, but then again he ain't putting it in MY car! :)

(That's one scary freakin' avatar you got there!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.