Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen the Jan. 2007 issue of Chevy Hi Performance Magazine???:D
The feature article for the month is a build up of a 402 ci LS2:rolleyes: against a 406 ci SBC.;) The trick to the buildup was that all parts had to be readily available, over the counter production pieces, not over 11:1 compression, all components as close as possible, heads, cams, manifolds, and they had to share the same carb.:eek: What I found interesting is that both wound up producing 583 hp and 530 lbft torque, and both cost just under $9500.00:D :D :D

Comments Please

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anybody seen the Jan. 2007 issue of Chevy Hi Performance Magazine???:D
The feature article for the month is a build up of a 402 ci LS2:rolleyes: against a 406 ci SBC.;) The trick to the buildup was that all parts had to be readily available, over the counter production pieces, not over 11:1 compression, all components as close as possible, heads, cams, manifolds, and they had to share the same carb.:eek: What I found interesting is that both wound up producing 583 hp and 530 lbft torque, and both cost just under $9500.00:D :D :D

Comments Please
If they use the same heads, cam, carb, and manifold then they should be equal IMO.

I wonder what would happened if you put FI on them both. Not sure it would make much difference either depending on the FI.

Those LS2 blocks are very much lighter though and very good LS2 heads are remarkable compared to iron ones both in flow and of course wt.

Great info for those who want to build a carb SBC. Other than wt why bother with the alum block.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been a subscriber for about 5 years now, I really like the way they try to keep things as reasonable a possible for the average guy. They have a lot of budget projects and cost comparisons to help us watch our budgets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The way I see it is Old School vs. New School. The same way with Carb. vs. FI., Old vs. New. I love the old style of small blocks but have the LS1 in my GTO and it performs well also. Cubic inches = Horse power. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts