Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A forest fire broke out yesterday afternoon within a half mile of the house. Caused by a tree getting blown down and taking a power line with it. Luckily it is east of us but curled around through the night and we can see the flames from the front yard. The forest service came by and said we had to leave, but we refused. Spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening running a sprinkler all around the house and shop. Felt kind of sick taking pictures of all my stuff in the event of a loss.

Got the important papers and keepsakes ready to go if we have to vacate, but hanging in for now.

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
A forest fire broke out yesterday afternoon within a half mile of the house. Caused by a tree getting blown down and taking a power line with it. Luckily it is east of us but curled around through the night and we can see the flames from the front yard. The forest service came by and said we had to leave, but we refused. Spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening running a sprinkler all around the house and shop. Felt kind of sick taking pictures of all my stuff in the event of a loss.

Got the important papers and keepsakes ready to go if we have to vacate, but hanging in for now.
be safe, :tu

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Wish you all the best, jemezcrusher. Don't allow the fire to cut off your escape route if it comes to that. Things can be replaced. Family cannot.

G-d bless,

Harry

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey JemezCrusher,, I had not realized there was another member in "O Fair New Mexico" cept me and my Buddy Gary in the Duke City. Good to know tho,,,,wish there were more.
Boy, it's that time of the year, and I sure hope we get some much needed rain to offset the drought conditions we got going on all over the State.
I know how you feel as we have a place up at Weed in the Sacramentos and the last fire last year came awful close and all you can do is grit your teeth and pray those fire fighters can get a handle on it before it gets too big and out of control.
I had an Elk permit bout 5 years ago right in your back yard, and remember driving up the canyon road just outside of J.S. and spotted a 55 blue and white 2 door Hdtp on west side of highway that appeared to have been parked for awhile. I wanted to stop on way back, but pullin the horse trailer, we couldn't do it and then we wound up goin farther north and east and went out by Taos,,I think,,,
Good luck and keep an eye peeled,,, Have you seen the car?:flag6:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.