Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like any opinions-positive or negative-about scissor lifts. My shop has nine foot walls, so I don't have room for a two-post. My in-laws live 8 miles away, and they have a two post I can use anytime I need to. But I would really like to have something at home so I can crawl under and change the oil, or lift to be able to rotate tires at home. There are a few interesting ones out there, so would like to hear from those of you who might have one, or have had one in the past.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
positive get one

there the best . I DON`T KNOW WHY I WAITED SO LONG TO GET MINE . it saves on you getting up and down thats for sure. the best investment for back problems to . got mine for 3200. for brand name,i`ve seen other ones 1800.new

·
Registered
32 Posts
mid rise lift

I bought a"midrise' its a no name brand ...actually, I can't find any info on it ? but its a duel cyl. type with ratchet safety clicker thingy. Anyway, it will lift 50+ inches and works pretty sweet. But, its tall when lowered so if you have smaller front wheel drive cars or your cars are lowered, you'll be laying some 2x10's down (or working on that exhaust again) Also, the pads for the arms are a bit tall as well, so the arm alone is too short ...and the lift pad and the cradle is too tall. These are minor little problems I have just learned to deal with. Oh, except for the lift moving once while I let it down, that was a tricky one.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard that there can be an issue with clearance on late model cars. Between the wife, kids, and myself, there are plenty of vehicles in our household that measure 5-6 inches of clearance. It was for that reason I changed gears and started looking into a Kwiklift...actually found one in Omaha Nebraska that I have purchased. My wife and I are taking a road trip tomorrow to pick it up (about 6 hour trip one way). Have heard good things about them, so looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i had a scissor lift made by rotary. it had wheels on 1 end and used a long tongue with wheels to move it. it raised to 32 inches . very versatile since it was portable. i used it inside and in my driveway. you are very limited as to what you can do under the car though. i sold mine and bought a bend pack 9000 cap. twin post that fit under a 9 foot 2 inch ceiling. i'd never go back to the scissor type after using this.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The MaxJax looks like it would be a great system, too. Since I have the Kwiklift now, I will learn to enjoy not being flat on my back trying to change the oil anymore. Wonder what the MaxJax sell for????? I better not even think of looking!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.